What NFL Team Should Move To London?

At some point I think it's gonna happen. Which city might see their team make the move?

A sell-out National Football League (NFL) match hosted in Wembley stadium in London on Sunday, in which the Dallas Cowboys beat the Jacksonville Jaguars, has boosted hopes of an NFL franchise coming to the U.K.

Mark Waller, NFL's vice president of international, told CNBC a move to London was a "definite possibility", after the huge success of the three NFL matches played in the city this year, but "logistic difficulties" still need to be resolved. "We have around 3 million, what we call avid fans in the U.K., who are watching week in, week out. Then we have around 8 million casual fans. Both of those numbers are growing, and on Sky Sports – which is kind of the home of the NFL in the U.K.— we are now the fifth most watched sport," Waller told CNBC on Monday. The NFL has already announced plans to stage three regular season games at Wembley in 2015, including its first-ever division game in the U.K. The schedule will include games played on consecutive Sundays in London for the first time.The move comes as part of NFL's push to popularize American football around the world. Soccer remains the most popular sport outside the U.S., with around 265 million people across the globe actively involved in the sport, according to FIFA, soccer's governing body. Waller told CNBC the NFL is also looking to Germany, where there is a "great fan base", as well as Brazil.

How would the team handle the travel? They would be at an extreme disadvantage, no?

None hopefully. Watched that game this weekend and half the stadium looked empty.

Keep the NFL to the states.

None every team that plays in London has a bye week the following week. How would teams feel playing a Monday night game in London and having to come back to play a early Sunday game the following week... even if it's a east coast team you are looking at a minimum 7-8 hours of flight time followed by trying to get your body schedule re acclimated to the time zone. Phone Post 3.0

I think a move to San Antonio and LA are going to come before London. That being said who knows who will be left to move? I'd say the Bills Phone Post 3.0

You would almost need a American training facility where the team could stay and practice for a couple weeks to play back to back road games. I think it could be pulled off.

KyMart23 - I think a move to San Antonio and LA are going to come before London. That being said who knows who will be left to move? I'd say the Bills Phone Post 3.0

probably the least likely team in all of the nfl..

terry pegula owns the sabres as well and lives in buffalo

he just purchased them recently and said he would never move them

In my opinion, if it ever happened, whatever team moves there would have to play all there home games 8 weeks in a row, then travel back to the states on the bye for the last 8 road games, or vise versa.

I say move the Jags.

KyMart23 - I think a move to San Antonio and LA are going to come before London. That being said who knows who will be left to move? I'd say the Bills Phone Post 3.0

LA will be first for sure

probably Jax or St Louis moving there

easedel - None hopefully. Watched that game this weekend and half the stadium looked empty.

Keep the NFL to the states.
This. Keep milking the teets over here in the US Phone Post 3.0

The Bears. Their defense would likely improve and get more physical if they signed some English soccer players.

washington: the settlers brought the small pox... the favor should be repaid and they get the redskins...

rufus - 

The Bears. Their defense would likely improve and get more physical if they signed some English soccer players.

Or send Green Bay. Rogers would love him some British cock to suck long time

Hired Gun - 
rufus - 

Or send Green Bay. Rogers would love him some British cock to suck long time

You seem upset!

Rhymenoceros -
Combat Sport Fan - No team is moving to london. Not until they can sell out 8 games per year on at least a regular basis. I think there are going to be huge issues in a year or so with 3 games a year...it will wear off it wont be a circus anymore

My prediction to how the nfl looks in 10 years.

Raiders and Rams sharing an LA metlife in Los Angeles.

Chargers to San Antonio I cant see them getting a new stadium

Jaguars end up in a small city still growing

London isnt feasible, its a farce by the NFL to create a fake relocation threat because they know that LA is going to get two teams since the rams and raiders leases are up and both teams want to go for the gold.

Possible locations for the jags? Im thinking Salt Lake City, Or nebraska (inbetween omaha and Lincoln about a million people with corporate support

If they are playing three games in London next year then they are seriously considering moving a team there. It's all an experiment as you say, but I doubt they will only consider it once they sell out 8 games / year there.

Salt Lake City is way too small for an NFL team. It's a small market for an NBA team - there is no way it could support an NFL team. Omaha/Lincoln makes sense. So does San Antonio, El Paso, and even Ft. Worth.
San Antonio in the next 10 years will have an NFL team.

The Nebraska scenario is very interesting.

I also don't want any more or any less teams, the current format is perfect Phone Post 3.0

Combat Sport Fan - Word is the NFL is looking to push back the relocation file date to Feb 2 the day after the superbowl because they fear it will be a distraction in the playoffs......

That tells me there will be a relocation very soon after the superbowl
The next two teams to move are going to LA. It will be a couple years before they tried London Phone Post 3.0

Do people in london want a NFL Team?

I don't think there's much point in that. One game is a curiosity, a permanent team would be something else. I'm in London every now and then and could perhaps check out an NFL game for fun, but I'd always choose Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs first.

It could perhaps be a niche thing for European NFL fans.

49ers

They can have the f'ing Bucs! I'm tired of getting my hopes up every year just to be shit on.

Sorry I can't add an intelligent opinion. Phone Post 3.0