What non-QB deserves the most $$$?

I heard this argument on the radio yesterday. Sean Salisbury was adament that Ray Lewis deserved to be the highest paid non-QB in the league (that tells me a lot about Sean and his knowledge of the game since I just watched him get his ass kicked up and down the field by the Steelers). This is a tough call. I would probably go with someone like Terrell Owens or Marvin Harrison. Arguments can be made for many other players at different positions though.

Who would you give the most money to that doesn't play QB?

Ray Lewis is the easy answer, don't need to be a columnist to come up with that and it's just beating a dead horse.

Other impact players worth big bucks IMO are Tomlinson, Jason Taylor, Strayhan, Seymore, any top defensive end, Peppers, all those guys are huge impacts on a game and deserve the big bucks IMO.

Not a WR. There are so many good ones and the type of offense & the QB & line on the team really help a WR become elite.

A great LT, DE, or DT - IMO - would be the positions to pay top dollar for.

a top of the line left tackle like orlando pace is worth every penny

Tommie franchise is 100% correct. Without great players on the line no QB or running back regardless of talent could produce year in and year out. Offensive lineman are the most under appreciated people in sports. They do most of the work and receive hardly any credit. Any position on the O-line deserves a big pay day, especially because they are most susceptable to injuries due to the nature of the position.

Julius Peppers, Dre Bly, Natrone Means, imo

most money deserving non QB's

from ESPN (entire sports pretjah's network)

l. Tomlinson

1. curtis martin

2. shawn alexander

4t. ed reed

4t. ray lewis

1. julius peppers

2. hines ward

3. terrell owens

4. randy moss

5. tiki barber

6. ahman green

That is a pretty good list, but like some have stated above, an offensive lineman should be represented.

i really odn't think an olineman even a johnathan ogden or faneca type makes the top 25!

i just don't see it.

i would rather pay a a great defensive lineman than a great offensive lineman.

"i really odn't think an olineman even a johnathan ogden or faneca type makes the top 25!
i just don't see it.

i would rather pay a a great defensive lineman than a great offensive lineman."

If you do not have good o-lineman you cannot run the ball. if you do not have good o-lineman you cannot pass the ball. In fact if you do not have good o-lineman you can not do shit. By not being able to run the ball you cannot control the clock, which means your defense is always on the field, which is bad. Without good o-lineman you could have a mutant QB made up of Vicks speed, Elways arm, Mannings mind, and Favres heart and it wouldn't matter because they would get killed everytime they tried to do anything. Offensive line is the most important position on the team. A good o-line has the ability to make a good running back a great running back, see Clinton Portis, and even though I think he is a great QB no matter what team he is on I do NOT think Peyton would ahve broke the record this year without his o-line. He would be an amazing QB on anyteam, but with the way he switches things up all the time that o-line deserves a TON of credit for that record and the success of that team. A football team is only as good as its O-lineman and D-lineman.

Yeah, but the O-line is a unit, one lineman doesn't automatically make a HUGE difference all by himself.

Look at the Rams, they have Orlando Pace but overall their o-line is bad.

303 you don't have to sell me on the importance of a good oline i'm a friggin steelers fan and have said for the last year that the difference between this steelers team and last years steelers team is a healthy oline.

however as yougottawanna said 1 single olineman is not as important as say BARRY SANDERS on the detroit lions

or a host of other individual players

or a playmaker like Strahan or Seymour at DE beating up an O lineman all day.

I think the O line is important for sure, but not the most important, the Patriots and Bucs have won superbowls with probably even below average offensive lines, just good defense, neither team had a good run game either, just played super super tight defense and moved the ball with quick passes.

Jonathan Ogden, Orlando Pace, and o-lineman like that deserve the most money outside of a QB.

"the Patriots and Bucs have won superbowls with probably even below average offensive lines"

I disagree. Maybe you didn't hear much about them, but they weren't "below average".

I actually agree with 303 on this, a blindside offensive tackle to protect the QB.

LOL at the Pats and Bucs O-lines being below average. To say it was Brad Johnsons athletic ability and great arm that won them the Super Bowl is crazy. That Pats have had a great offensive line for year. They ahve had a pretty consistant string of 1000 yard rushers, and this year it will be their play combined with Corey Dillion that puts them over the top, unless they play Denver!

"Yeah, but the O-line is a unit, one lineman doesn't automatically make a HUGE difference all by himself."

That's true, but one lineman makes a huge difference in your quarterback's health. Quarterbacks can survive being sacked (I believe Carr took 70+ his rookie year), but blind-side hits are where concussions happen and careers get shortened (Troy Aikman?). If you're going to fork out a bunch of money for a premier quarterback, it's retarded to not complement that with a top-notch left tackle, IMO.

their lines were nothing special and you don't need the most expensive linemen in the game to win the superbowl. WTF are you talking about Pats have a consistent string of 1000 yard rushers? I'll check this when I get off work.

I thought that Antowain Smith has gone over a thousand aa couple times.

he did once in his career in like 2000 or something, I'd have to look it up, but doesnt change the fact that Antowain Smith sucks, they just had a good quick pass game, got rid of the ball very quick and didn't give pass rushers much time and is the reason why they got by with a below average or average O-line IMO. Bucs did the same thing.