What obscure sport deserves to be more popular?

Arm wrestling thread got me thinking what sport could be mainstream with proper marketing and organization.

Hurling from Ireland and kabaddi from India could be great spectator sports if they were promoted properly. Unfortunately they are resigned to regional sports in 3rd world shitholes.
Maybe combat jiujitsu could be bigger as well.

7 Likes

Bowling, darts, even pool havent really had the spotlight yet like poker.

Barstool sports, or anyone with a bar should make this triathlon event; bowling, darts, and tabletop shuffle board. With mandated alcohol consumption.

6 Likes

Yup

3 Likes

Adult version of Red Rover. It was fun 60+ years ago.

3 Likes

Track cycling.

This event is three laps, usually lap 1 is a bit more cat and mouse, lap 2 is a hearty jog and lap 3 is 110% for 10 seconds.

It’s a lot of tactics, drafting and timing for an event that take 2 minutes.

4 Likes

Bowling used to be on network TV. It didn’t take off because it’s not a great spectator sport, and everyone that watches thinks they could do it.

2 Likes

Dodgeball. It’s as fun to play as an adult as it was when I was a kid.

5 Likes

Adult bar league kickball… I play Thursday nights, it’s so much fun!

1 Like

Suprise Farting GIF by Mr Methane

3 Likes

Darts.

King of the streets.

That’s all you need.

Downhill Mountain Biking - World Cup / Champ level.

7 Likes

8 Likes

WRC Rally - World Rally Championship.

10 Likes

Calcio Fiorentino by far.

Le Shat
©

10 Likes

Kickboxing, here in the US at least

4 Likes

Rugby

3 Likes

Came to post this!

1 Like

When I was 11-12 I got a new bike for Xmas. On boxing Day me and my fellow droogs went to a downhill course on our bikes and I fucken ate shit on a double ramp, I was fine as I hit mud, but it buckled the wheel on my new bike, it was my first time riding the bike or the course, and one of the ramps was double like a camel, because I was cautious and didn’t know there was a second hump I went too slow and landed face first at the base of the second.

That was it for me, fuck cycling in any form.

2 Likes

XARM: equal parts stupid and awesome:

4 Likes

NFL is a good shout. It looks like a tonne of fun to watch and I think would probably be more popular outside of the US if it got more coverage

1 Like