What % of "in shape " was Mendes??

I have no info. I'm curious to your info or opinion/guess Phone Post 3.0

According to Mendes team 100%. Phone Post 3.0

100% Phone Post

85/90. He was in good shape. He ate to many body shots and gassed on the sub. (He was already gassed before the attempt due to those brutal leg kicks to the body.) he tried to stand to long for some reason. Stick to the game plan, don't try and make a point when you know he can smoke you in the feet. Phone Post 3.0

Why 85 out of 90? That was random. Haha Phone Post 3.0

I dont think he was anywhere near 100%. Anyone who trains know the difference between being in shape and peaking in a training camp

However thats not why he gassed. Those kicks took his wind away.

Bank account 500K Phone Post 3.0

100%

warez - Bank account 500K Phone Post 3.0
Yep. Phone Post 3.0

He would of gas harder having a full camp with Connor talking crap to him lol he had the perfect set up , 2weeks notice and Connor had no time to train for. Plus your team says your in shape ready for any call so Phone Post 3.0

Conor landed 24 shots to the body in the first round.

How many of those were nasty straight kicks to the mid section? That shit ads up.

He didn't run a marathon, he did a "tough mudder"

https://toughmudder.com/events/2015-tahoe

10.5 miles with fuckloads of obsticles, about a week before he got the fight. IMO it isn't about being in or out of shape, but peaking at the right time. In shape or not, you can't peak with 2 weeks notice.

For you saying 100%, do you think Mendes (and other fighters) typically has a 3 week training camp leading up to a 25 minute title fight?  And if he can be 100% after 3 weeks, do you think an 8-10 week camp is a complete waste of time then?   I mean, all fighters say camp sucks.  Maybe they should all stay in better shape, cut 5-7 weeks out, and come in at 100% after just 3 hard weeks of training. 

He looked tired half way through the first round. He's been hit my lots of tough guys. Has anyone landed huge bodyshots on him before? How did he handle? Phone Post 3.0

He might have been in great cardio shape but there's a significant difference between that and full fight camp shape. In a full camp not only are you developing insane cardio you're developing the toughness, sharpness, and mindset that only comes from hard sparring, routine light sparring, focused gameplanning and combinations/situational practice. Two weeks ago Mendes not only didn't have an opponent to study he didn't even know for certain he'd be fighting, which in itself is massive psychological bubble. Furthermore, the last week of camp before a fight is for cool down and recovery whereas the months leading up to that week are where the real work is put in. Conor enjoyed a major advantage heading into that week alone.

Anyone thinking Mendes was ideally prepped for this match is foolish. Likewise, anyone thinking Conor's early bodywork didn't pay dividends is foolish as well. To his credit, Conor fought an excellent fight, but that was not Mendes at his best.

ocbadapple - He looked tired half way through the first round. He's been hit my lots of tough guys. Has anyone landed huge bodyshots on him before? How did he handle? Phone Post 3.0

I think that first spinning back kick fucked him up way more than it seemed. The way he recoiled, I believe he was about to shoot, looked vicious to me. The other 23 shots to the body that first round put the exclamation point on it.

About tree fiddy. Phone Post 3.0

Didn't Faber recently say that team alpha male guys are always in shape (as opposed to only during camp)?
He was making a case for why he thought TAM had fewer injuries than other camps Phone Post 3.0

This is in shape Mendes, no?

Phone Post 3.0

Let's flip this around. What % in shape was McGregor? He had to change gears a few weeks out for a new opponent. He had a far more draining and brutal travel and media schedule than any UFC fighter ever. What kind of camp could he possibly have had amidst all that? At the weigh ins so many people remarked on how drained he looked, like an old crack addict.

I don't think that version of Conor McGregor was anywhere close to 100% and I'd easily rank Chad as being less drained and more physically ready for the fight.

Despite all of that, Conor rose to the occasion and shocked a lot of people. It's a true shame that people are trying to downplay or discredit his win.

"Let's flip this around. What % in shape was McGregor? He had a far more draining and brutal travel and media schedule than any UFC fighter ever."

Don't bring your facts into this Conor hate-fest