What Other 80’s Movie Could Be Rebooted?

ferox -
Toiletclogger -

Into a show as good as Cobra Kai?

I always thought they should do a remake of Maximum Overdrive with today’s technology, but it couldn’t go as deep into backstory as The Karate Kid Saga. The writers really do an excellent job on Cobra Kai, taking one little scene from the movie and incorporating it into backstory. 

Joe Hill said he would be interested in directing if he could do Maximum Overdrive remake... 

Always thought a new movie would be cool, but maybe a series would be even better with the right writers. 

It's not 80s...but I think Favreau and Vaughn should do a sequel to Swingers that follows up on where Tre and Mikey ended up in Hollywood as middle-age guys in the business. 

They should do a Rambo First Blood prequel. Show young John Rambo getting recruited,  trained, and fighting in Vietnam.  

2 Likes

Flash Gordon. 

tabularossa -

They should do a Rambo First Blood prequel. Show young John Rambo getting recruited,  trained, and fighting in Vietnam.  

This sounds awesome.

KZTT_MMAfan55 -

I would like an all female Goonies reboot

I hope you get snuffed by a rolling rock, Chester Copperpot.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space

2 Likes
DiscipleDojo -

It's not 80s...but I think Favreau and Vaughn should do a sequel to Swingers that follows up on where Tre and Mikey ended up in Hollywood as middle-age guys in the business. 

Yes !

Over The Top. Is Hawk and Mike still running that trucking company?

1 Like
HotSteppa - WEIRD SCIENCE!!

Fast Times at Ridgement High.

There was a Weird Science series years ago.

I like the idea of The Breakfast Club and The Goonies. 

1 Like
quality -
HotSteppa - WEIRD SCIENCE!!

Fast Times at Ridgement High.

There was a Weird Science series years ago.

On USA, but it wasnt a reboot really. Just turned the movie into a show with a different cast. No different than the shitty Uncle Buck tv show, well except Weird Science was watchable.

Robert Downey JR MUST be in a weird science reboot

1 Like

I would like to see Sean Penn come back as an older Jeff Spicoll win the lotto and then moving to Bali Indonesia to surf.

tabularossa -

Who would play Rambo?