What Race was Abraham Lincoln?

He seems to not be white but like mixed with something else?

I remember way back reading something about the Melungeons of Appalachia which were like a distinct ethnic group unique to the area. Is it possible Abraham was a Melungeon? He certainly looks odd.

Some Melungeon boys back in the 1900s.

Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

Japanese.

Melungeons, the mysterious dark-skinned mountaineers of eastern Tennessee and southwest Virginia and into Kentucky, have sparked myths and theories over the past century. They were whispered to be descendants of shipwrecked Portuguese sailors, or gypsies now known as Roma. Some have speculated on connections with the Lumbee Indians in Robeson County or the Lost Colonists of the Outer Banks.
The name likely comes from the French "melange," a slur most often used by suspicious white neighbors in the days of the Jim Crow South, when African-Americans and anyone with dark skin faced prejudice and segregation. Phone Post 3.0

Who are the Melungeon?

"In Tennessee, they are a people of more or less unknown origin. We assume there is some African ancestry, so the Melungeons largely kept to themselves," said Wayne Winkler, a professor at East Tennessee State University and author of the 2004 book Walking Toward the Sunset: The Melungeons of Appalachia. Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

Abraham Lincoln

On his looks

"My parents were both born in Virginia, of undistinguished families-second families, perhaps I should say…If any personal description of me is thought desirable, it may be said, I am, in height, six feet, four inches, nearly; lean in flesh, weighing, on an average, one hundred and eighty pounds; dark complexion with coarse black hair, and grey eyes — no other marks or brands recollected. Yours very truly, A. Lincoln.” Phone Post 3.0

RefriedJinx - Abraham Lincoln

On his looks

"My parents were both born in Virginia, of undistinguished families-second families, perhaps I should say…If any personal description of me is thought desirable, it may be said, I am, in height, six feet, four inches, nearly; lean in flesh, weighing, on an average, one hundred and eighty pounds; dark complexion with coarse black hair, and grey eyes — no other marks or brands recollected. Yours very truly, A. Lincoln.” Phone Post 3.0
Is that off of his pof account? Phone Post 3.0

He was certainly weird looking Phone Post 3.0

oioisavvy -
RefriedJinx - Abraham Lincoln

On his looks

Is that off of his pof account? Phone Post 3.0
Put his ass on Tinder be be gettin all kinds of swipes Phone Post 3.0

He's half Chinese

RefriedJinx - Phone Post 3.0

Ancestors of the Jersey Shore/Strong Island guidos experimenting with spray tan.

French canadian

My best friend is Lumbee. He's a good deal lighter complexioned than those kids in the pics. Phone Post 3.0

He was Melungeon. Tom Hamks, Heather Locklear, Elvis Presley, Ava Gardner, and our own Rich 'The G-Man' Goins of early UFC fame are other notables of this most mysterious people.

Chinese.

Who the fuck cares? lol

SalaciousCrumb - Abe slept with his male "friend" in the same bed for like 30 years. Phone Post 3.0
Me too but I ain't going to no gay play Phone Post 3.0

The Amazing Race

My grandmother was melungeon ama