What’s INXS’s place in music history?

I had the cassette Kick as everyone else I know cause you had to. Was listening to a Casey Kasem from 1983 and INXS had their first charting single. I didn’t realize they had been out that early.

Anyway, seems like they’re looked over. They were pre grunge yet weren’t hair metal or just pop. Great singer, songwriting and had a stretch of hits. I don’t know much more of their catalog

How good were they and do you ever dig deeper into their stuff

2 Likes

See , if you showed me this I would 100% tell you it was the post grunge era. Looks like it’s in the 2000’s , not remotely 1991. What a crazy strong voice and presence

2 Likes

They could have been the U2 of their generation, possibly.

1 Like

at the end of the rope

2 Likes

Hate to say it, but a forgotten 80s relic by most.

5 Likes

Overrated

4 Likes

They were a great band.

3 Likes

Just copy link on YouTube and post into thread

2 Likes

Thanks for posting . Had never heard that era of them I dig it. Crazy how fast they changed image and adapted

3 Likes

they were dance/disco rock or something

1 Like

That’s weird cause I was thinking U2 when I made thread. Seems like there were certain bands that were able to carry themselves through the grunge alt era and some that were cast away but the fans of the new thing . Perhaps INXS was caught in no mans land . I can’t even remember hearing them in college in 1993 or after

2 Likes
1 Like

thats the one right there, legends

2 Likes
1 Like

I think they’re really good.

1 Like

This is a really cool video and a good watch even if you don’t like them. Shows how they turned 1991 footage into 4K

1 Like

Right besides midnight oil
In the 80s Roo fuckers category

3 Likes

Is that true? Did they hit them marsupial pouches?

1 Like

All up in them wallabee guts

2 Likes
1 Like