What’s so Hard About the Marines?

I’m not trying to troll about this serious subject. Every time my mom talks about my uncle she is like, “He was a six foot 2 marine, toughest man that ever lived!”

But I don’t remember him being particular tough. He was just my cool uncle. Very gentle dude from what I could tell. Always calm and patient. Sure he went to Korea but I don’t know if he even did anything there.

So you go into the Marines and they Drill Instructor yells at you. They make you do PT til you puke. Run through mosquito infested swamps if you’re at Paris Island but if you’re in San Diego you run through lush tropical beaches.

Ok so six to eight weeks of basically doing P.E. Pushups and running. And dudes barking at you constantly when you fuck up. So basically the jocks in Gym Class all over again.

Then you go into rifle training. Ok and get basic qualification.

I’m not putting down the Marines I’m just saying like what’s the big deal? It seems like any 18 year old in decent shape could withstand it. You could even prepare for it.

It’s not like the Navy Seals where you almost drown every day or Marine Recon where you’re walking 100 miles in the forest. Those dudes i could see being like “wow I couldn’t do that!”

And yes it’s Amazing to serve your country, I get that.

But is every marine a hard, evil, badass, killing machine? All of them?

1 Like

oh boy…

6 Likes

Lol, in

5 Likes

The rich old white ones are the toughest.

2 Likes

Getting the crayons down without water.

6 Likes

Well , I suppose it would depend on whether you’re involved in a horrible war or not.

1 Like

Sand fleas if you go to Parris Island.

1 Like

23348661.webp

8 Likes

As a Marine, I’d say you’re pretty much correct. Except our boot camp is 13 weeks (or at least it was).

1 Like

They’re pretty universally discipled. The Navy and Army are wide open with the quality of their ranks because they’re so large. It’s probably the least cushy branch in the military. You know that you will go to the worst places and do the worst things. Quality of life is defined by keeping yours while in by a lot of marines.

That and not losing your damn mind from syphilis in SE Asia.

1 Like

Obviously, OP was never in the Marines.

1 Like

Welcome to the Marine Corps!

The Fuck Fuck games commence at 0400.

If it was easy everyone would do it.

1 Like

No not every Marine is an evil badass killing machine… BUT, they are all Hard as in they have all been programmed (that word is used on purpose) to not quit, or give into their doubts, fears or weakness. They are that guy that gets his ass kicked gets back up and says were not done yet… they are the guys that run in when everybody else is running out. they are the ones that all other special forces respect because they have all had run ins with them and win lose or draw they earned the respect.

Don Shipley (retired Navy SEAL) proudly shows a missing tooth lost in a fight with a Marine as he tells how he learned to never get into a fight with a Marine

5 Likes

SHOW ME YOUR WAR POST!!

2 Likes

Hey I’m asking cause I want to know

1 Like

Nice

I mean girls do it. I don’t mean any disrespect. Just saying. Girls are in the marines.

4 Likes

My uncle flew Marine One when Trump.was in office and I believe during the Biden transition as well. That’s all I’ve got.

1 Like

Full Metal Jacket and A Few Good Men

seems pretty intense

I’d probably advise young people to learn a learn a trade and/or go to College and to satisfy their need for adventure take up Triathlon, BushCraft, Archery, things like that for a better Risk/Reward strategy for creating a good life as compared to the possibility of ending up in a VA hospital burn and blown-up, missing some limbs, or dead at a young age.

still, thanks to those who served and provide a THREAT of FORCE against those which would wish to Invade USA

1 Like