What’s the best way to deal with a dog attack?

All the pit bull threads got me thinking.  What’s the best way to deal with an attacking dog whether it be attacking you or someone else like your kid?

I saw a kid get bit in the face a few months ago and it was terrible.  Owners and the baby sitter couldn’t react in time.  

I normally carry at least a 3.5” folding knife and most of the time I also carry a pistol.  I don’t know if I’d want to try and shoot a dog attacking a person for fear of hitting the victim.  Do you tackle and try to stab it in the neck or just tackle and try to do a RNC on it?  

I tried to break up two boxers fighting a couple of years ago.  It was scary.  They were internet on killing each other and completely ignored my friend and I.  They had been fighting for several minutes when I got there.  His wife and kids were screaming and blood was everywhere.  It was tense.  I got a broom handle in between them just long enough for my friend to grab a collar and get one in a room.  Those dogs were fast. Real fast.  It was scary.

trobinson21 -
nottheface -

All the pit bull threads got me thinking.  What’s the best way to deal with an attacking dog whether it be attacking you or someone else like your kid?

I saw a kid get bit in the face a few months ago and it was terrible.  Owners and the baby sitter couldn’t react in time.  

I normally carry at least a 3.5” folding knife and most of the time I also carry a pistol.  I don’t know if I’d want to try and shoot a dog attacking a person for fear of hitting the victim.  Do you tackle and try to stab it in the neck or just tackle and try to do a RNC on it?  

The best choke is a "leg" in front choke, like an arm in guillotine, with eye pokes. If he bites something you have to switch to the fist-throat technique.

How do you do this without it turning its head and ripping your face off?

if you are getting bit it might be hard but say a dog or a person is getting bit by the pit bull if you take your middle finger or something like that and stick it up the dogs ass he is most likely to let go 

but if you own a pit bull you should have a break stick 

Take a jacket and wrap it over the dog's head, like how kidnappers slap a hood over the victim even before grabbing the victim's body. It's a great way of controlling the head as well as muffling their senses. Keep control of that jacket over the dog's head as you try to kick the dog or body block it to the ground and pin it there.

Good thread

If its a pit bull I think you're pretty much screwed.

Dogs don't attack me because I look rapey. 

I thought I read to pick it's hind legs up off the ground to at least waist height and hold tight (when it's attacking others / not you) . There's no more leverage for head shaking / tearing if it's got a bite clamped on. 

What you do when it let's go, I dunno. I guess you might be carrying it like that for the rest of its life?

I broke up several nasty fights before I knew about that. Never got a chance to test it. 

If it is one of those god damn pittbull devil dogs your fucked those dogs were put here on earth to do the devils work

Use whatever you have one you, or around you, to shield the dog from biting you. Anything...briefcase, umbrella, sweatshirt, etc. If you block the insane fucker from getting a good bite on you, it will frustrate the shit out of them and usually leads to them getting confused and retreating.

Systema Spetsnaz

How to defend against a dog. Self defense against dog attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNvFr4at8MU

BMF12 - Use whatever you have one you, or around you, to shield the dog from biting you. Anything...briefcase, umbrella, sweatshirt, etc. If you block the insane fucker from getting a good bite on you, it will frustrate the shit out of them and usually leads to them getting confused and retreating.

That seems like step one.  And then relying a lot on hope.  

My biggest worry is my four year old or toddler approaches a dog to pet it and the dog attacks her.   

nottheface - 
BMF12 - Use whatever you have one you, or around you, to shield the dog from biting you. Anything...briefcase, umbrella, sweatshirt, etc. If you block the insane fucker from getting a good bite on you, it will frustrate the shit out of them and usually leads to them getting confused and retreating.

That seems like step one.  And then relying a lot on hope.  

My biggest worry is my four year old or toddler approaches a dog to pet it and the dog attacks her.   

If you are with your kids, grab one of them and use her to shield yourself from the dog bite.

Go for the eyes, boo! The eyes!! 

Lux Fixxins -

Haha...  after telling that story the breathing sound the bigger dog was making as it ran away  could be heard from a city block away.  I probably broke its ribs and punctured it lungs.

fuck that dog. 

Good. F that dog. In fact I think that is the step after punting.

Side-Submitting Dominant Pit Bulls & Power Breeds - Dog Whisperer BIG CHUCK MCBRIDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXoQ72836SU

Slydawg -

You have to BITE them!!!! They respect using the bite and will leave you alone. I know this as I had a long ordeal with a wild ass big dog. It attacked me many times on diffrent days and never stopped until I bit the theing in the face. After I won the final altercation it left me alone.

Are you a werewolf?

I had a white trash gf that had an American Bulldog that would fight with my lab, the dog would not stop locking on to my dog and its eyes would roll back. Id grab the collar and lift and twist till I saw the eyes start to pop out, that was the only thing the dog understood. I expected the dog to turn on me one day, probably maul my leg badly. I knew when this happened I had to try my best not to get knocked down and let it lock on to my leg and do what I had done before with the the collar, but not let go. Luckily the dog got shipped off to an inlaw.