What’s The Damage? 'Rush', Rapier Jabs and Retinas

Resident Physio Chris Tack of All Powers Physio takes a look at the damage caused by GSP's jab of doom this weekend at UFC 124:

www.yourmma.tv/training/details.asp/c/2/id/62/whats-the-damage-rush-rapier-jabs-and-retinas.htm

Certainly a FRAT if you're not interested in the subject matter, but cool if you pull up a chair, grab yourself a brew and take a look at the thoughts of a professional.

More to come from Chris following that bout, including his take on Accupressure used by GSP before the fight.

excellent write up,

Thanks mate, another coming up today.

Interesting read.

rape jabs

ttt

great info and content, but please find someone to help you edit the writing.

ttt

BTR - great info and content, but please find someone to help you edit the writing.

Thanks for the positivity! Obviously Chris is a physio first and foremost, and not a writer, but I do give his articles the once over for any glaringly obvious errors. What's so wrong with the content up there? Or is it the style you dislike?

Great read, and I didn't think there was anything wrong with the writing at all.  It was easy to understand and informative.  Thanks for posting.

the doctor came in and checked over Koscheck in the period between the 3rd and 4th rounds. In my professional opinion it could be justified to have halted the fight at that time (although as a fan of MMA I could have watched 10 rounds of the action).
this is an eye injury Koscheck would never have been able to fake.

Not trying to be critical at all, because this is cool content and free, but I do agree that the writing could use some polish (I'm a freelance writer for a few music magazines). The sentences are a little awkward, and I had to read some of them a few times to understand exactly what Chris was trying to say.

Again, I'm not hating by any means, just my two cents- thanks for the article!

I know what you mean - some sentences can read a little awkward, but I try and change as much as I can whilst keeping it true to his original copy.

It's a very unique and interesting angle and there'll be more to come. Glad you guys are feeling it.

What is a physio? I'm assuming its a British term?

regiondoc - What is a physio? I'm assuming its a British term?

I would assume a physiotherapist.

I enjoyed the article, keep em coming.

Uchi - 

By that logic a brittish psychotherapist would be a psycho... just an observation.

that was FRAT, but well worth the time

Uchi - 

Uchi is right, sorry for butchering the English language fellas! :)

Jabbed into a living death.