What’s the most important fighting ability in mma

Seamless transitions of technique

nek -
Sabaki -

Best tools for current ufc champs in my humble opinion. 

Current ufc hw champ - best tool striking

current - lhw champ - best tool striking

current - 185 champ adesanya - striking , whittaker is good at striking to

170 champ - striking

155 champ wrestling khabib and 155 interim is striking(Tony)

145 champ striking 

135 wrestling same as 125

125 wrestling same as 125

if you ask me striking is what makes most of em current Champions. Sure they are very good wrestlers too but compared to others in their division i would say that most current ufc Champions stand out in striking

A strong case could be made that for Cejudo, his best tool in his rise since the 1st DJ loss has been his striking too though.  Going back to Uthred's point, the dude is just an athlete.  He could've started in Ameridote and he'd probably still be close to where he is now.

I would counter This and say athletisicm has the least impact. Because it takes more heart and grit then atletisicm to truly climb the ranks and make it Big in This sport. Cejudo has heart and grit.

example uriah hall is Perhaps 1 of the most athletic guys you Will see in the ufc. But he cant seem to push it to the top. In my humble opinion he lacks the heart and the grit for it. Everyfight where his atletisim talent isnt enough the other Guy takes over more and more...

Most effective?? If we are talking singular styles, refer to UFC 1 as mentioned earlier. A guy with 6 months BJJ would wreck someone with 6 months wrestling/boxing/MT, but it's the combination of which in the modern day aspect of MMA that throws that out of the window. I definitely think striking is the primary (refer to the recent Askren annihilation), simply from the perspective that the fights start standing. After that, I'd say good clinch work ala Greco or Thai is next, as not every fight comes down to the TD, but most advance there from closing the gap and particularly back to the wall scenarios (Khabib is a great example of this). Its hard to say, I think the entire question is only applicable per opponent based on strengths and weaknesses. Overall, it's still BJJ for me, and Ryan Hall is a great example of that if you ask me.

Most important= Social media followers

Sabaki -
nek -
Sabaki -

Best tools for current ufc champs in my humble opinion. 

Current ufc hw champ - best tool striking

current - lhw champ - best tool striking

current - 185 champ adesanya - striking , whittaker is good at striking to

170 champ - striking

155 champ wrestling khabib and 155 interim is striking(Tony)

145 champ striking 

135 wrestling same as 125

125 wrestling same as 125

if you ask me striking is what makes most of em current Champions. Sure they are very good wrestlers too but compared to others in their division i would say that most current ufc Champions stand out in striking

A strong case could be made that for Cejudo, his best tool in his rise since the 1st DJ loss has been his striking too though.  Going back to Uthred's point, the dude is just an athlete.  He could've started in Ameridote and he'd probably still be close to where he is now.

I would counter This and say athletisicm has the least impact. Because it takes more heart and grit then atletisicm to truly climb the ranks and make it Big in This sport. Cejudo has heart and grit.

example uriah hall is Perhaps 1 of the most athletic guys you Will see in the ufc. But he cant seem to push it to the top. In my humble opinion he lacks the heart and the grit for it. Everyfight where his atletisim talent isnt enough the other Guy takes over more and more...

I would counter your counter with the fact that a guy you may not think has the heart and grit (I actually disagree with your view of Uriah Hall) can be in the Top 15 in the world b/c he's that athletic.  And yes Cejudo has heart and grit, and he's an amazing athlete.  I mean shit, the guy has a gold medal in freestyle wrestling.  You need all to be at the top of the top, but that's b/c guys at the top are great athletes as well so you're going to need that extra something.  If you have a large enough athletic edge, you won't need to show your grit.  It takes someone that's close enough to you in athletic ability to bring that out of you.

Faydooramillionankles -

Most effective?? If we are talking singular styles, refer to UFC 1 as mentioned earlier. A guy with 6 months BJJ would wreck someone with 6 months wrestling/boxing/MT, but it's the combination of which in the modern day aspect of MMA that throws that out of the window. I definitely think striking is the primary (refer to the recent Askren annihilation), simply from the perspective that the fights start standing. After that, I'd say good clinch work ala Greco or Thai is next, as not every fight comes down to the TD, but most advance there from closing the gap and particularly back to the wall scenarios (Khabib is a great example of this). Its hard to say, I think the entire question is only applicable per opponent based on strengths and weaknesses. Overall, it's still BJJ for me, and Ryan Hall is a great example of that if you ask me.

I gotta disagree with the wrestler component as a BJJ guy still needs to get the fight to the ground.  Not to mention, a good jab can disrupt a good takedown attempt.

Faydooramillionankles -

Ryan hall has been very good so far.  I have to admit it's been impressive.  It'll be interesting to see him against some of the higher tier guys.  Perhaps not always the most fan friendly style, but interesting none the less.

HYBRID JON - Most important= Social media followers

This guy gets it...