What’s up with Frank Shamrock?

I’ve always been a fan of his.  He was one of the first fighters to take NHB into modern MMA.  He made a horrible mistake in leaving his dog in that parking lot but I hope he can make amends.

Is he into martial arts in any way now?

Taken from Wiki.

Shamrock runs a franchise of schools, a merchandising company, Frank Shamrock, Inc. (a personal asset management company), MMA Entertainment, and Mixed Martial Arts For Law Enforcement (a law enforcement training business)

crowbar - Taken from Wiki.

Shamrock runs a franchise of schools, a merchandising company, Frank Shamrock, Inc. (a personal asset management company), MMA Entertainment, and Mixed Martial Arts For Law Enforcement (a law enforcement training business)

So he’s retired.

I got 28% into. His book and it has to be mostly bullshit 

A mistake?

Being a piece of trash is not a mistake it’s a way of life

6 Likes

I believe Ken said he was laying low and going through some shit 

https://www.facebook.com/frankshamrock

He seemed to have a nervous breakdown after the UFC bought Strikeforce and left mma altogether for a while .... even though he got a nice little payout due to having an ownership stake.

The doco on him did not paint a great picture of his mental state, even though it was fully authorised and he was happy with the end product they showed.

I think he’s doing better these days. I hope so.

FingerorMoon -

He seemed to have a nervous breakdown after the UFC bought Strikeforce and left mma altogether for a while .... even though he got a nice little payout due to having an ownership stake.

The doco on him did not paint a great picture of his mental state, even though it was fully authorised and he was happy with the end product they showed.

The part with his brother was odd to me, I would never leave a brother of mine living under a bridge when I am doing as welll as Frank. 

I guess some brother relationships are just different.

Some scars never heal

1 Like
Tim Duncan -

I’ve always been a fan of his.  He was one of the first fighters to take NHB into modern MMA.  He made a horrible mistake in leaving his dog in that parking lot but I hope he can make amends.

Is he into martial arts in any way now?

That wasn’t a fucking mistake numb nuts.

1 Like
multiculturaljoseph -

I believe Ken said he was laying low and going through some shit 

I just had a Metal meeting with him two weeks ago.  He seems to be doing rather well and is definitely staying busy.

ShanTheMan -
FingerorMoon -

The part with his brother was odd to me, I would never leave a brother of mine living under a bridge when I am doing as welll as Frank. 

Nah, no real brother does that...  at least imo. That was being an asshole. My brother or close friends could stay in my basement or garage with a space heater before they slept on the streets... & id not stop there, Id get get them professional help. I’m not rich butbwith effort u can always find free treatment, it’s just really hard for people going thru shit, it’s why having an “advocate” is so crucial. I could rant forever on this but you get my point. 

1 Like

What happened to his animal cruelty case? He tied a dog to a rental car and left it in the airport. He says he didn’t know what else to do. He was leaving the state and noone would take the dog so he figured, “ I’ll just tie this dude up here and someone may come save it”.

1 Like
Dugs95 -
ShanTheMan -
FingerorMoon -

Nah, no real brother does that...  at least imo. That was being an asshole. My brother or close friends could stay in my basement or garage with a space heater before they slept on the streets... & id not stop there, Id get get them professional help. I’m not rich butbwith effort u can always find free treatment, it’s just really hard for people going thru shit, it’s why having an “advocate” is so crucial. I could rant forever on this but you get my point. 

I would too. That scene bothered me.

Almost as if being raised around drug addicts and being in juvie is bad for your development

Frank Shamrock got a huge payout when Strikeforce sold, he used part of the money to invest in other things.  He is chilling smoking weed and living good.

Just checked, yep he’s still a Californian.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHTDRCzgXZr/?igshid=1zzycwfe6geo

flemingo - 

Almost as if being raised around drug addicts and being in juvie is bad for your development

Being raised around criminals, drug addicts, then going to Juvenile Hall can be good for development. It helps one to appreciate simple freedoms taken for granted. Such “trivial” things as being able to simply walk into the kitchen and open up the refrigerator door.

Perspective.

What we have here is a failure to communicate. Some people you just can’t reach. They can’t shake it off.