What scam was he trying to get me with??

I have a vehicle listed on Craigslist for sale. I get a text Wednesday night from a guy who is very interested in the vehicle. He is from another state but says he is a truck driver who will be in my area Friday morning (today) and he will bring a friend to drive the vehicle and pay cash. Makes me an offer. 

I'm immediately sceptical and i question his interest seeing there are lots of scams on Craigslist often involving out of state buyers, but this one is cash so it seems like there isn't really a way for him to get me. 

I tell him i will meet him at my bank and that when they confirm the cash is legitimate and deposit into my bank i will sign over title to him. He says OK.

Fast forward to last night. He texts me to confirm our meeting. I told him i was feeling very sceptical so i wanted to make sure everyting was laid out in detail. I told him i would also be bringing someone along with me to give me a ride home after. We would wait inside the bank while he looked over the car. If he wanted to test drive the car he was welcome to but I would be taking a picture of his license (to make sure he has one and he would need to provide one to the notary anyways) and i would not be going anywhere with him. When he returned if he still wanted the car he would give the cash to the bank for them to verify it's authenticity and when it was deposited into my account i would sign the title over to him with the bank acting as notary. I then even game him directions to the BMV so he could complete the transaction on his end. 

He texts back that i am freaking him out and he is no longer interested in the vehicle and good luck selling it.

So what was his scam? Was he going to get me int he car and harvest my organs? Counterfeit money?

It sounds like you were trying to scam him.  It's a cash deal, it should be fine.

Your paranoia scared him off.  Scams usually involve money orders, cashier's checks, PayPal, Western Union or credit cards.

Car jack 

No doubt this would've ended in a rape. Maybe next time OP.

One thing that im curious about is why his friend was accompanying him if he was only in your area because he was a trucker?

HE WAS PAYING IN CASH YOU DUMB FAGGOT.........LOL 

OP has blue tape covering all the power outlets in his house...

You're way too paranoid, I wouldn't have wanted to buy from you either.

TryhardNobody - 
BigWave Dave - One thing that im curious about is why his friend was accompanying him if he was only in your area because he was a trucker?

to drive the car???????

What a pleb, any time I buy a car I just leave my old one right the fuck there and leave. Not my problem.

I've never sold or bought a car on craigslist so I'd probably do the same as you OP.

Dude was murdered in my town for not being cautious - went for a test ride from his home, didn't check id and was killed for sport. By a fairly rich guy who likes to kill people. This was in Canada - Dellen Millard - rotting in jail now.

Just curious...what scenario do you have in mind where you actually sell the vehicle?

You scared the scammer good, OP. Keep the vigilance going.

2old - Dude was murdered in my town for not being cautious - went for a test ride from his home, didn't check id and was killed for sport. By a fairly rich guy who likes to kill people. This was in Canada - Dellen Millard - rotting in jail now.

SOUNDS LIKE A NICE LITTLE SUNDAY

BIGWHITESEXY - 
2old - Dude was murdered in my town for not being cautious - went for a test ride from his home, didn't check id and was killed for sport. By a fairly rich guy who likes to kill people. This was in Canada - Dellen Millard - rotting in jail now.

SOUNDS LIKE A NICE LITTLE SUNDAY

You joke, but there was a lady who was hit by a car who jumped the curb only 15 feet from her own home's front door. Since that day I drew a 14 foot perimeter around my apartment and said Never again.

What kind of car and price?

Sometimes people have specific vehicle in mind and him being a trucker gives him more areas avail to purchase from. His friend driving it back isn't unusual.

U also never know what people look for.

Low mileage civics for example or low mileage small trucks people look for.

quality -

It sounds like you were trying to scam him.  It's a cash deal, it should be fine.

Google counterfeit money Craigslist scams. They are real my man. 

TryhardNobody -
BigWave Dave - One thing that im curious about is why his friend was accompanying him if he was only in your area because he was a trucker?

to drive the car???????

Shit thats a good point. OP you fucked up

You shouldn't be selling a car on Craigslist. Just accept the dealers dick