What Should UFC Do To Be More Like Boxing?

Keep hearing about anti-trust and unions. etc. I'm wondering what people think the UFC should do to be more like boxing?

What can Zuffa do to create a fair distribution of wealth across all competitors? What steps do the UFC need to take in order to get 90% of the money/attention on one fighter like Floyd while everybody makes nothing and has zero power?

Raezor19 - 

Floyd Mayweather will make at least $32 million for his rematch against Marcos Maidana Saturday night in Las Vegas.  Maidana will make $3 million for the fight.

ESPN’s Dan Rafael among others reported the payouts.  The contracted salaries were released by the Nevada State Athletic Commission prior to Friday’s weigh-ins.  The $32 million purse does not include the ancillary revenue Mayweather will make from PPV buys, gate, sponsorships and the like.  Mayweather made at least $32 million this past May in his first fight against Maidana.  The challenger made $1.5 million in their first fight and gets a significant bump up in pay for this fight.

Maidana did make a significant amount more in their first fight from Argentina television rights and another $1.5 million for wearing boxing gloves authorized by Mayweather.  You may recall that the fighters had a last minute disagreement about the type of gloves Maidana would wear in May.  According to Rafael’s article, it appears that Maidana was handsomely rewarded for conceding his glove of choice.

On the undercard, the payouts were revealed as follows:

Huberto Soto ($150K) v. John Molina Jr. ($125K)

Leo Santa Cruz ($750K) v. Manuel Roman ($50K)

Miguel Vazquez ($450K) v. Mickey Bey ($125K)

Alfredo Angulo ($500K) v. James De La Rosa ($43K)

no disparity there huh?

Huge disparity. Massive disparity. The average boxer makes much much less than the average UFC fighter.

They should do absolutely nothing to be like boxing

Leo Santa Cruz ($750K) v. Manuel Roman ($50K)

That right there is what's wrong with boxing

not be

MMA doesn't want to be boxing nor should it.

How much money do you think Showtime has actually made off Mayweather's last couple of fights?

They are losing money on his fights. It isn't a sustainable model now that PPV is collapsing.

I would prefer the UFC was closer to boxing than its current shitty, monopoly state. But a happy medium is what's best.

Dr Doom - MMA doesn't want to be boxing nor should it.

How much money do you think Showtime has actually made off Mayweather's last couple of fights?

They are losing money on his fights. It isn't a sustainable model now that PPV is collapsing.

I would prefer the UFC was closer to boxing than its current shitty, monopoly state. But a happy medium is what's best.

Should the UFC be forced to co-promote or something?

No wrestling and no kicks Phone Post 3.0

TDD - If there is one thing the UFC can take from boxing is the theatrics of it all, and drunken commentators.

Howard: Okay Jim, I got it 8 rounds to 2 for Manny Pacquiao. He's really hitting...

Jim: Howard, it's round 3

Roy: Tim Bradley looks like an old slick coon tonight

Jim: WHAT!? Somebody get Larry Merchant out of the ring, he's still trying to get out his words from his post fight interview 3 years ago.

Max Kellerman just staring into the camera with his eyes wide as shit never blinking

I'm waiting for the day off contract fighters put on their own pay per view. Say if GSP and silver were off contract now, a superfight with others on the undercard. Even if a boxing promoter ran it. Nothing to lose Phone Post 3.0