what sport is the most technical?

with the exception of a designated hitter every player plays offense and defense. the defense starts with the ball and the offense never actually touches it. you have to hit a round ball with a round bat amidst a screaming crowd and against a guy throwing it 90+ and can make it do almost anything he wants. a pitcher (in NL) bats, pitches, runs, fields can face a batter once thru the lineup as a righty and then again as a lefty

i dont see where any sport requires more tactical knowledge than baseball

"There is just isn't another sport that comes close to cricket when it comes to tactics/strategy which is large part why the sport is so incredibly boring for anyone not brought up with it."

Baseball is boring even if you're an American

Dogmeat, Cricket was my first thought when I saw the title.

You didn't even mention the variations due to whether you are playing a test match, a one day match or a 20-20 match, also of course the weather, the state of the pitch, the geographical location, the length of the boundaries, the age of the ball, the time of year, wind direction.

In the local one day league here a match can have one of 5 different outcomes. Win, winning draw, draw, losing draw or loss. Then you can get additional batting and bowling league points.

How can anyone not love Cricket?

"How can anyone not love Cricket?"

a better question is how anyone can be a combat sport fan and a cricket fan at the same time. Baseball is boring enough, and I used to play and love the game as a kid.

very nice. is she Asian Indian or Brazilian?

Revolver, how can you not like a sport where you go with your mates, sit and watch it for 5 days of solid drinking in the sun?

Come on man, they break for tea, how cool is that?

"Revolver, how can you not like a sport where you go with
your mates, sit and watch it for 5 days of solid drinking in the sun?"

more power to you, but I'd rather watch paint dry.

"Come on man, they break for tea, how cool is that?"

it would be cooler if it broke out into a side-clearing fight like a baseball game gone bad. :)

I read in the paper this morning that at a local level match the bowler headbutted a batsman for arguing over a stepped on wicket appeal, any good to you?

Ok, I can see why it might be boring to some however for me it appeals the more gentile cerebral side of my nature.

I know plenty of people who find a grappling match or any MMA/boxing match that goes to a decision boring.

I'm mostly just messing with you. like what you like. :)

Hey Revolver, I figured that ;-)

I have tried to get into Baseball whilst living in Mexico but have found it pretty hard to get excited about even though they are pretty similar, I guess it is what you are brought up with.

Clearly, the most technical sport would be playing cricket while wearing a gi.