What starwars movies are must watch before TFA?

Never seen a starwars movie, only know some of the characters like Luke, Han, Darth, and R2D2 but I loved the trailers that I just had to buy tickets for this thing.

What starwars movie do I have to watch to understand the story? Do I have to watch all of them or are there a few skippable Mission Impossible 2 type episodes?

Only watch 4,5,6!!! Phone Post 3.0

Which I mean, A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of The Jedi Phone Post 3.0

RoyalRailer - Only watch 4,5,6!!! Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0

Oh so only 3? Sweet. Thanks fellas.

Curtis_E_Bare -
. Phone Post 3.0
Yep Phone Post 3.0

RoyalRailer - Which I mean, A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of The Jedi Phone Post 3.0

/thread. Phone Post 3.0

Curtis_E_Bare -
. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

I think there's a special order for all 6. Phone Post 3.0

pin909 - I think there's a special order for all 6. Phone Post 3.0
There aren't 6. Only 3 Phone Post 3.0

456 and maybe 3

The prequels aren't as bad as everyone says IMO. I liked Revenge of the Sith for the most part.

Watch it in this order and it makes the story about Luke and not Aniken. Luke is more likable. IV, V, I, II, III, VI. Phone Post 3.0

pin909 - The prequels aren't as bad as everyone says IMO. I liked Revenge of the Sith for the most part.

Watch it in this order and it makes the story about Luke and not Aniken. Luke is more likable. IV, V, I, II, III, VI. Phone Post 3.0
EP 3 is cool IMO Phone Post 3.0

The prequels are poorly written schlock. Everyone except Palpatine in the whole galaxy has an iq of 70.

A slave army fights a robot army because Palpatine and Jar Jar say so. Palpatine fucks over and outsmarts everyone, THE END.

Iv, v, Ii, iii, then vi in that order. Skip 1. It isn't necessary. I forgot what the order is called but there is a method to this order in which you still get the vader surprise without the spoiler ending. Phone Post 3.0

pin909 - The prequels aren't as bad as everyone says IMO. I liked Revenge of the Sith for the most part.

Prequels are worse than everyone says. 3 of the worst movies ever. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

I want to watch it knowing wtf is going on too....

So many different answers though ugh Phone Post 3.0

All of it. Form you own opinion. Phone Post 3.0

the final fight of 1, 3 but skip anything involving padme and anakin until he kills her 4 5 and 6. 2 is dogshit