What thai/heavy bag do you use?

...And why?

Outslayer
Soft but not too soft, just hard enough.
Cloth filled, not sand.
Comfortable texture, not leather i dont think, but a really nice synthetic.
And really good price for the value. Phone Post 3.0

This is the one I have. I bought it from amazon but was cheaper when I originally bought it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F2Z85PU/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1452826747&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=outslayer+muay+thai+bag&dpPl=1&dpID=31LulAcFFKL&ref=plSrch&dpPl=1&dpID=31LulAcFFKL&ref=plSrch Phone Post 3.0

Curious about this as well. Want to put one in my basement. Been thinking about an Outslayer. You can get on Amazon or directly from them. Looking at a 100-150 pound 6 foot bag. That way I can punch and low kick, etc.

Not a pro and don't even train much. Just want something to exercise with and beat the shit out of.

Interested in your guys responses. Phone Post 3.0

JonJonesBreaksPregnantWomen'sBones - Outslayer
Soft but not too soft, just hard enough.
Cloth filled, not sand.
Comfortable texture, not leather i dont think, but a really nice synthetic.
And really good price for the value. Phone Post 3.0
What weight and length do you have? Phone Post 3.0

I have a Sting bag, full body a lot heavier than my last one. Phone Post 3.0

I generally don't use Thai's as a bag, but more like comforters. Does that count?

KO fight gear. Hands down. Every bag is hand filled. They have basically ZERO marketing and are based out of Jersey. Simple bags, PERFECTLY made.

I bought 3 Thai Bags and there Monster Tear Drop Bag and they are the perfect density from top to bottom. Phone Post 3.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seFwgx8qZYw

Fairtex heavy bag.  Absolute monsters.  They can take whatever you throw at it.  Soft enough for beginners too.  Worked wonders for my flexibility too... I started out not being able to throw kicks higher than body level.  Didn't matter how much I stretched (I was consistent, pushed myself for years).  Just a month or two, a couple times a day, stand in front of this thing, start out with body kicks and go just slightly higher after you've thrown a few.  Keep going higher and higher until you just about end up on your ass.

jgiveshead -

Fairtex heavy bag.  Absolute monsters.  They can take whatever you throw at it.  Soft enough for beginners too.  Worked wonders for my flexibility too... I started out not being able to throw kicks higher than body level.  Didn't matter how much I stretched (I was consistent, pushed myself for years).  Just a month or two, a couple times a day, stand in front of this thing, start out with body kicks and go just slightly higher after you've thrown a few.  Keep going higher and higher until you just about end up on your ass.

VU, I'll give this a go, been trying for head kicks for a while now. Thanks Phone Post 3.0

Have to do it tomorrow Phone Post 3.0

I use the traditional Thai hanging burlap sack filled with empty beer bottles. The bag gets more deadly as I get more deadly. I hope to have the insides pulverized to sand by the end of summer.

for JonJonesBreaksPregnantWomen'sBones

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F2Z85PU/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1452826747&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=outslayer+muay+thai+bag&dpPl=1&dpID=31LulAcFFKL&ref=pl

jgiveshead - 

CavRyda - 

for JonJonesBreaksPregnantWomen'sBones

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F2Z85PU/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1452826747&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=outslayer+muay+thai+bag&dpPl=1&dpID=31LulAcFFKL&ref=pl

I was looking at one of these. I like that you could hang it from either end. Seems like that would help if the insides started to settle over time.

Also.... If they are in basements.. What are you hanging them with? Or method of hanging I guess.
Through floor joists? Custom hangers? Etc? Phone Post 3.0

Jimmy Recard - 
jgiveshead -

VU, I'll give this a go, been trying for head kicks for a while now. Thanks Phone Post 3.0

Backatchya.

There were a couple other things holding me back with the head kicks. Anecdotal evidence, take it as you will...

I'm generally pretty intense, so when I was throwing kicks, it was balls to the wall where each kick is the hardest one I've ever thrown. Not that this is a bad thing, but I think I was robbing myself of opportunities to move around and test different positions, where my body weight and momentum are in different places. So I started dancing around in shadow boxing, just focus on movement, loosening up your hips, think Anderson Silva. Just clown around and have fun, don't be too serious about it. When I mixed kicks into that, I found that going higher just came naturally.

Something that goes hand-in-hand with this, too, is consistency... I was doing this every day, kicking pads every day, and I made a point of trying to throw at least a few high kicks every day.

One of the secrets to throwing a good high kick is really turning your foot over, almost like it's walking in the opposite direction of the kick. I started doing squats with my toes pointing in opposite directions, 90 degrees to the direction I'm facing. I felt like this opens up my hips a bit better and trains your body to get used to having your feet pointing in the "right" direction for the kick. Dancing around like a fool during shadow boxing is a good opportunity to practice the whole "foot in the right direction" thing, too.

edfyvie - KO fight gear. Hands down. Every bag is hand filled. They have basically ZERO marketing and are based out of Jersey. Simple bags, PERFECTLY made.

I bought 3 Thai Bags and there Monster Tear Drop Bag and they are the perfect density from top to bottom. Phone Post 3.0
What's the average price on one of those? I currently have an old canvas bag that I'm looking to replace. Shit has a spot in the middle that is as hard as a rock. Caught it with a kick last week and my foot swelled up like a softball. Phone Post 3.0

jgiveshead -
Jimmy Recard - 
jgiveshead -

Backatchya.

There were a couple other things holding me back with the head kicks. Anecdotal evidence, take it as you will...

I'm generally pretty intense, so when I was throwing kicks, it was balls to the wall where each kick is the hardest one I've ever thrown. Not that this is a bad thing, but I think I was robbing myself of opportunities to move around and test different positions, where my body weight and momentum are in different places. So I started dancing around in shadow boxing, just focus on movement, loosening up your hips, think Anderson Silva. Just clown around and have fun, don't be too serious about it. When I mixed kicks into that, I found that going higher just came naturally.

Something that goes hand-in-hand with this, too, is consistency... I was doing this every day, kicking pads every day, and I made a point of trying to throw at least a few high kicks every day.

One of the secrets to throwing a good high kick is really turning your foot over, almost like it's walking in the opposite direction of the kick. I started doing squats with my toes pointing in opposite directions, 90 degrees to the direction I'm facing. I felt like this opens up my hips a bit better and trains your body to get used to having your feet pointing in the "right" direction for the kick. Dancing around like a fool during shadow boxing is a good opportunity to practice the whole "foot in the right direction" thing, too.
Thank you Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0