what the heck is wrong with me?

The past 4 months I felt like I learned alot of jiu-jitsu, and I meen alot, I got my blue belt at the one year mark, I was watching jiu jitsu film with all my free time. I quit hanging out with my buddies on the weekend and spent all my time rolling with my training partners, I was thinking about jiu-jitsu 24/7...so shit was going well, basically.

But ever since I got my blue belt I really just dont care about bjj like I used to, I cant watch video like I used to, or study it at all, cause I just get bored and Im loosing motivation. I dont think its cause of the blue, but I dont know, I still love jiu-jitsu, Im just not motivated, and im getting frustrated.

So what do you guys do when you need to get motivated?

iDontBelieve

Your attitude was not healthy. Is normal that right now you are saturated with Bjj. I advice you not to worry about it. Try to practise another sport (mountain trecking and so on) or just accept that right now your situation is like this. It will help you :-)

I am more or less in the same situation. 6 months ago i was watching videos everyday. Right now i get bored and quit watching with my instructionals.

thanks for the responce, but im just trying to get other peoples advice on how to get re-motivated, I really dont wanna try another sport, because Ive played all of them and jiu jitsu is the only one I love to do.

You are burned out from overtraining.

Take 2 weeks off - don't even THINK about Jiu Jitsu.  If you find that you ARE, then FORCE yourself to do something else....... read a book, watch a movie, etc.

In 2 weeks, you'll miss BJJ so much that you'll feel motivated again.

That's what always works for me.

I really like that advice kbits, I think your exactly right. Im going to revalute my goals tonight in jiu jitsu class.

If you are rolling Gi all the time have you considered having a couple of no gi rolls, not swapping for good but just a couple of competitive rolls, this may lead you to a different train of thought regarding grips and collar chokes and spark your Gi game up again

This isn't unusual....your obsession with BJJ will come in waves.....sometimes you will train for months on end, then go off the boil....it's a bit like having the hottest chick in town as your girlfriend....no matter how hot she is, eventually you will want some space from her....then after a while you realise how hot she is and you can't leave her alone again. That's my analogy at least! :-)

Sounds like you've saturated yourself. Try training at a reduced level; like 2 to 3 times per week. Have fun and leave practice before you want to. Start hanging out with your friends and try to integrate bjj with everything else in your life. Soon enough the fire will come back but don't go crazy again doing so much. Stay in it for the long run. Whatever you do, don't quit training though because it's too easy to not come back.

Visit some other schools on open mat nights and roll with other students for fun, not blood.

RainMan- "This isn't unusual....your obsession with BJJ will come in waves.....sometimes you will train for months on end, then go off the boil....it's a bit like having the hottest chick in town as your girlfriend....no matter how hot she is, eventually you will want some space from her....then after a while you realise how hot she is and you can't leave her alone again."

Brilliant.

"If you are rolling Gi all the time have you considered having a couple of no gi rolls, not swapping for good but just a couple of competitive rolls, this may lead you to a different train of thought regarding grips and collar chokes and spark your Gi game up again"

Sure, this is where it starts. Next you'll be streaking naked across the mat. Nice try to lure him into no-gi when he is at his weakest. Are you the devil?

iDontBelieve, what you have to do is injure yourself. Maybe refuse to tap next time. Or, roll backwards over your neck. Then, when you have to quit training for a few weeks, you'll go crazy wanting to get back on the mat. Now, there's a constructive bit of advice. All these other guys don't have your interest at heart.

I take 2 weeks off every 6 months. It lets my body and mind heal. I also train with some of my buddies, so that helps alot too. Its like a suport group. I also set my goals by my 2 weeks off every six months. Meaning what do I want to have accomplished by the time my next break comes around. I also keep a training log off every time I roll. I reflect back on it and reset my goals based on that.