What the UFC standard contract says re: food, etc.

Here is what the standard UFC contract says re: "incidentals." Donttazemebro is here to help you people know what's what.

"In addition to FIGHTER'S PURSE and, if applicable, the WIN BONUS, as provided for above, FIGHTER shall be entitled to only the transportation, lodging, meals or meal allowances, and Bout tickets (collectively, "INCIDENTALS") set for in Exhibit "A".

Let's now move to Exhibit A....

"INCIDENTALS" means (i) 1 hotel or motel rooms; (ii) 2 round-trip economy class airline tickets from FIGHTER'S hometown to Event; (iii) 4 tickets to the Bout; and (iv) either Fifty Dollars (US $50) cash per diem for FIGHTER and 1 of FIGHTER'S Affiliates, or at ZUFFA'S discretion, meal vouchers for three meals per day for FIGHTER and 1 of FIGHTER'S Affiliates."

There you have it. I will not be answering questions.

Be sure to vote me UP for providing this valuable information.

Thanks dude, that sounds very complete and to the point. But it still begs the question, what is considered 1 hotel? The normal, reasonable person would assume it means 1 room with 2 beds. But we all know what assume really means!

I do find it interesting that while most guys seem to have 3 (or more) corners/trainers, they only pay expenses for 1. But then they'll give 4 tickets. I'd think a fighter would rather have his corners expenses paid than 4 tickets to give away?

If you are Evan Tanner, you actually get paid $5,000 to have a cornerman!

There is a blank for the number of rooms in the contract.

"(i) 1 hotel or motel rooms"

The blank is typically filled in with a "1" in the standard contract for a UFC fight. Remember, they're paying for that room for several days.

"I do find it interesting that while most guys seem to have 3 (or more) corners/trainers, they only pay expenses for 1. But then they'll give 4 tickets. I'd think a fighter would rather have his corners expenses paid than 4 tickets to give away?"

The expenses of flying a cornerman out and feeding and housing him for five days is pretty damned high.

good point

Backstage credentials and (4) tickets are seperate things are they not?

Also keep in mind- that is a STANDARD UFC contract.

That applys for the entry level or first timers.... many contracts have improved incidentals..just depends on the fighters negotiating position.

NovakHT is correct.