What to do,eat with family in Asheville,NC

My daughter is competing in regional gymnastics championships this weekend in Asheville,NC. Any suggestions regarding activities and food? Thanks.

Where u from OP? The weather is nice right now, always nice to take a ride on the Parkway and doesn't cost a thing...Tupelo Honey, Corner Kitchen, Bones Smokehouse, Doc Chey's Noodle House, Biscuithead, White Duck Taco Shop, lots of eating options in Asheville just depends on your likes/preferences...what's your budget like and how much time you staying? Phone Post 3.0

Tupelo honey is good. If you want to sneak away from the fam for awhile and have a few pints go down to the drunken monk. Also don't forget to check out the fanciest McDonalds in America. Phone Post 3.0

We are from New Orleans. We will get there Thursday morning. Looking for stuff to do Thursday and Friday,she competes Saturday morning so we will also do stuff Saturday afternoon.

Interested in casual type dining,nothing real fancy. I like to find unique ,local type spots but my kids and the kids on the team usually out vote us and like chain restaurants.

I love white water rafting but looks like that doesn't start till May . I would like to check out the mountain scenery,waterfalls,and maybe even swim in a waterfall. Certainly open to other ideas. Thanks.

DaddyO4 - We are from New Orleans. We will get there Thursday morning. Looking for stuff to do Thursday and Friday,she competes Saturday morning so we will also do stuff Saturday afternoon.

Interested in casual type dining,nothing real fancy. I like to find unique ,local type spots but my kids and the kids on the team usually out vote us and like chain restaurants.

I love white water rafting but looks like that doesn't start till May . I would like to check out the mountain scenery,waterfalls,and maybe even swim in a waterfall. Certainly open to other ideas. Thanks.
All those restaurants are great but there are plenty of chains...you're right next to the parkway and lots of hiking...Brevard isn't too far away and tons of falls there and lots in the Asheville area as well...water right now will still freeze your balls off though Phone Post 3.0

Farm Burger, White Duck Taco, 12 Bones BBQ, any Mexican place you see. Phone Post 3.0

12 Bones, Village Wayside Phone Post 3.0

For breakfast in the mountains, just stop at any place named "_________ Country Cooking" and eat the fuck out of sausage and biscuits Phone Post 3.0

Ashville is uber hipster/hippie...so probably kale and weed salad with a yak-jizz vinaigrette Phone Post 3.0

Asheville Pizza and Brewing Company.

It's a weird place. It's a restaurant and brewery with video games, and also has a movie theatre with booths, a bar and full food menu. They show kids movies on the big screen. Tickets for the movies are just a couple dollars and it's usually something that's already finished its run in theatres.

I understand people either love it or hate it. My food was gross, my girlfriend's was phenomenal. I had nachos and the beans were burnt or something. They gave me something else with no problems. It was a movie we had seen before so we didn't mind the extra noise, though it wasn't that bad.

I had a couple beers, which was cool because you can't drink in theatres where I live... well you can buy you're not supposed to.

It's been about seven years since I've been so I don't know what it is like now.

Also the Wildlife Nature Center was awesome. It is a small zoo of native wildlife that are rescued or rehabilitated animals that can't be released into the wild.

You get to see some animals up close that you don't normally see in zoos. Even watching the foxes and raccoons up close was interesting. The otters are fun to watch.

The coolest part was the wolf enclosure. An ambulance went by on the interstate and they all sat and howled at the sky. Seeing a pack of wolves howl at 25 yards was awesome.

Sierra Nevada Phone Post 3.0

Lots of horseback riding places too.

We took a ride at a place called Sandy Bottom trail rides. It was my first time riding. We winded through the mountains and checked out a cave. We saw a big sheep dog hanging out with a flock of sheep and no one else around.

On the way back, my horse spooked and bolted. I am no punk bitch so I pulled those reigns and gave him an authoritative "Whoa!"

"Whoa" really works.

If you didn't have kids with you, I would recommend Shoji spa.

Asian themed spa... The kind your wife would like, not the kind OGers like.

You walk down a little path to get to a private hot tub that looks over the mountains. It is inside a little hut with three walls and no roof. You can see down the mountain but no one can see you.

We had champagne.

Then you go inside for a couples massage.

No extras were on the menu you freaks.

Thanks guys. We dove through the night and arrived this morning. We met up with our friends/ daughters teammates and saw some waterfalls and slid down Slippery Rock. Beautiful scenery.

Staying at a nice 3 BR condo w/ another family in Biltmore area. Drove through downtown area today and saw a bunch of white kids and adults holding BLM posters protesting "racist monuments". We got a kick out of that.

If you're still in town cometo Catawba brewery on Banks Ave downtown Asheville. My band is playing and the beer is great. Phone Post 3.0

Playing tonight? What type of music?

Rock and roll, funk, some jazz and blues. We're a power trio. Hope you're enjoying Asheville! Phone Post 3.0

Catawba and check out the biltmore Phone Post 3.0