What to do....fuming..

I think BJJ will give him some self confidence.. For sure.

The guy said to me something about to cope with evil, good men must do nothing.

I said wtf...thats how the holocaust etc happened. But i dont wanna encourage violence either.

JOB i think hanging out at our gym is helping him, everyone likes him and we all get dinner etc after training some days so i think he will benefit just from the atmosphere. I know u were mucking around before but thanks for the support.

Yeah absolutely.. I've always been a witty little fucker - So normally I could handle myself, but when I was younger, if I pushed my mouth too far to defend my good and noble name, I'd have to back it up.. At least now I can back it up if need be.

Thats what was really fun about Javier, this skinny little dude in pink shorts could make tough guys tap like typewriters. I do think your friend is right in a way. Why not just leave those guys alone, why would you want to be friends with people like that anyways. When you elevate violence it always winds up bad. This kid sounds like a great guy, and I hate it when people are bullied as well, I have in the past done things that didn't help the situation. But providing for him a place where he is loved and accepted, and giving him some confidence and personal strength is way more important than putting some dickheads in their place. They will get theirs someday.

rev

Invite them up to train or set up his next match at the gym. Then see if you guys can get some impromptu matches with some of his buddies.

Rev i believe u r right now i have calmed down a bit.

I'll push him hard in training
but i'll encourage him just to stay away from them.

"Kostakio ...explain? Sounds like My name is Earl."

Explanation: Suppose your friend that is SOOOOO nice is or has been mean to others including animals (sarcastic, looks down upon, etc.), as a kid or even toddler was a bully (sometimes without even realizing it), and/or has shown off for the sake of degrading... this would warrant karma's attention and thus her unexpected visit. These acts of course could have gone undetected by you - not because you're dumb (strong possibility) but because either you overlooked or downplayed certain behaviors or even were simply not aware because your friend concealed them.

I used to have a friend that seemed to always have bad luck and I felt very bad for him. However, soon I learned that he used to burglarize homes as a teen - karma may be late but she will collect - sort of like the government.

"Belee dat" - Martin Lawrence in Blue Streak

Do what you can to get the leader into your gym, on to the mat. If he hasnt trained at all he will be easy to dominate.
Get him tired and then have him wrestle the kid he is picking on, hopefully the kid can catch him in something or just hold him down.

For people who do not train just holding them down and smothering them can be and attitude adjuster.
I did it to a new guy at my gym that had me by about 50 lbs. He had an attitude when we started and no attitude when we were done.

Newshack.... why do you think the guy hated jocks so much? obviously because he was given a wedgie and hung by a hook or something. Just because he wasnt a student doesnt meant he wasnt bullied earlier in life. I am pretty sure something set him off to hate to that extreme

Kostakio i believe in someways in Karma, but this i dont think is related. Its just a kid wanting some friends at uni and the head of the group was kewl at first but when he discovered he could do whateva he wanted to this kid he has kept it up.

They have done some seriously mean shit to him, like they got a girl to pretend she liked him and then after a while of building a relationship online convinced him to have cybersex with her then posted it all over campus etc.

That shits pretty dumb but it can hurt someone alot. When they convinced him to box for their own pleasure disguising it as a poker game...well thats just it. The poor dude got punched in the face for nothing.

but he easily could have said no. The thing is he wanted to be part of their group so he let them talk him into something that he didn't want to do. That is the problem.

rev

That is Rev you're right. He's lucky thats all that happened. I know two kids who got hooked on crystal meth recently at age 16 for the same reason, fucked their lives up.

How do u help people like that or help people avoid it?

When you provide a safe place for people to learn to be comfortable with themselves, and to actually excel at something you are providing confidence. And that is what this kid needs.

rev

"They have done some seriously mean shit to him, like they got a girl to pretend she liked him and then after a while of building a relationship online convinced him to have cybersex with her then posted it all over campus etc."

LMAO!!! these guys sound like cool cats actually, what are some of the other funny things they did?

and what kind of asian... viets?

So beat the fuckers ass, I feel to see the major dilema. Take action, dont ask a bunch of people here what to do about it. Just beat that fuckers ass down and regulate him.

Tricky situation.. if they go to the same university and write shit online its pretty hard to ignore and avoid them.. And internet makes the world even smaller.

give them a stern talking to

Just offer the doubters an invite to your school to see what its all about.