What was 1ST BJJ BB X BJJ BB fight in UFC?

PTM2020 -

Guys I have found it Bj Penn vs Matt Serra at UFC 39 September 27, 2002. Serra has his BB in 2000 and Bj also in 2000. Mystery solved.

good work but waaait a minute.....

how about Gil Castillo vs Chris Brennan in UFC 35?

weren't they both BJJ Blackbelts?

I also was looking at those guys. Gil had his BB before UFC 33. I couldnt really find when Chris actual received his BB. Phone Post 3.0

Great trivia question & interesting.

In for the verdict.  Defintiely a tough one.

Who did ricco get his black belt from? Phone Post 3.0

John Lewis fought Lowell Anderson at UFC22. Were they both black belts then or maybe Lowell was a brown belt?

Great thread Phone Post 3.0

crazydave - Who did ricco get his black belt from? Phone Post 3.0

I thought it was through one of the Machados no?

how bout Iha x Takase?

was Din Thomas a BB when he fought BJ or Iha?

Nakao x DeSouza?

Penn x Uno?

all these happened before Penn x Serra

In for a definite answer Phone Post 3.0

Was John Lewis a BJJ black belt when he faced Carlson Jr. At EFC1? Phone Post 3.0

how bout Iha x Takase?

Can't find evidence of Takase being a BB.  His background was in Kickboxing during those early fights so, unlikely.

was Din Thomas a BB when he fought BJ or Iha?

Din got his blackbelt in 2006.

fought bj and iha in 2001. 

Nakao x DeSouza? Happen in 2001

Nakao not a blackbeltDeSouza was mainly a wrestler starting out but got his blackbelt in 2004

Penn x Uno?

Uno not a blackbelt till recently iirc.

Domingo - Was John Lewis a BJJ black belt when he faced Carlson Jr. At EFC1? Phone Post 3.0

I'm pretty sure he was just a bluebelt at the time but got his blackbelt a year or two later.

MMA Black Belt - John Lewis fought Lowell Anderson at UFC22. Were they both black belts then or maybe Lowell was a brown belt?

This may be it.

Hard to find info on when Lowell got his BB though.  Seems there is alot of controversy surrounding it but he was definitely one of the first americans to get one.    Very possible he got it before 99 when this fight took place.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Great thread. In for answers. Phone Post 3.0

Frank Mir vs Roberto Travern UFC 34? Phone Post 3.0

ANSWER ME!!!!

Elvis - Horn UFC 30?  were they blackbelts then?

as of 2006 Horn was a BrownBelt under Roberto Mia.

He was largely self taught which is amazing considering he beat guys like Lister, Takase and Dan Theodore ; )

David Olofsson - Frank Mir vs Roberto Travern UFC 34? Phone Post 3.0

Mir was a Purple Belt when he beat Travan

RJJH - 
PTM2020 - 

Anyone?

ANSWER ME!!!!

Elvis - Horn UFC 30?  were they blackbelts then?

If I'm wrong, feel free to crrect me, but all the digging I did, says Horn was self taught and never did formal bjj.  Then other people say he has black belt level skills and was a pruple or brown as of 2006 under someone?

The biggest signs are these...His wikipedia, personal website with bio and nowhere online says he has a black belt or if he does it was possibly recently?  Think he was a submission wrestler.  But definitely was not a bjj black belt at the time of the fight that  I know of.  His wikipedia mentions nothing at al about bjj, yet elvis's wikipedia has this clear as day...

Rank      black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Rigan Machado 
    1st degree black belt inTaekwondo
    yellow rope in Capoeira
    Orange belt in Judo
    brown belt in Silat
Full instructor in Eskrima
Full instructor in Muay Thai

Ip man beat 10 black belts at once in ufc ww2.

Not bjj though Phone Post 3.0