What was wrong with Joe Lauzon?

Speed difference was too much. But Joe didn't look like himself entire fight.

john_d1974 - 
Animal Mother - He never even got started. That must've been a career low for strikes landed. Was he just confused by the southpaw and his feints or was something else going on? Phone Post 3.0

thats what happens when u spend too much time talking/making vids/posting on line and not enough time preparing for your fight, same always happens to hyatt and creepy, pro's need to be pro's and get off their ego trip.

Yeah, I bet you're right. Joe isn't known for his work ethic or anything. I wonder if taking the time to eat, shit and sleep is what caused Shogun's loss tonight. Sonnen, as a true professional, probably did not do those things and did literally nothing other than train 24/7 for this fight.

Joe is one of my favorite fighters. Probably top 5.
And I know we normally kiss fighters butts on here, and run risk of "slamming" them. That said, I really thought Joe could not have fought worse, with less desire last night. He just didn't have any intensity, hardly threw anything, never went for any takedowns really, never jumped for any desperation leglocks from the overhooks when he had to know he was way behind, etc.
I'm sure he'll come back, and he certainly didn't lose me as a fan, but I am willing to admit when someone fought like @#%$.

Possible he just never recovered after that first huge left hand?

Plus, Johnson was faster, stronger, and had the wrestling to keep the fight entirely on the feet. It happens.

Either a bad night or spent. Phone Post

He looked extremely flat. Not his usual aggressive self. Happens to everyone though. Maybe just didn't feel even close to 100% Phone Post 3.0

Animal Mother - He never even got started. That must've been a career low for strikes landed. Was he just confused by the southpaw and his feints or was something else going on? Phone Post 3.0

I think it was the straight left early in the first, doubt he remembers much of the first after that, or the rest of the fight. Michael Johnson's striking was ridiculous, as was he take down defense. He was much quicker, seemed hungrier. I'm not sure anything was "wrong" with Joe.