What was your first gun? Do you still own it?

My first gun was a Glock 26 and I plan on keeping it forever. 

I had a single shot 20 gauge shotgun for deer hunting when I was about 8 years old. Sadly i do not still have it. 

Stevens single shot .410 from when I was 5yr old and its in the safe. It has been used for several youngsters to fire their first shots since then.

Yes 12 gauge Mossberg 500 Mariner, such a great shotgun.  Bought it 15 years ago and still shoots great

I still own my first bb gun (daisy), rifle (Marlin .22), and shotgun (Mossberg 20ga).  

I got them at 4,5, and 8. 

1 Like

Rossi Pump 22 Magnum ( Winchester copy).

Still have it.

Was really young when got it, can't remember what age.

Then next Stainless Ruger Single Six 22/22 Magnum.

Still have it, and the box.

A Lorcin .380 I bought from a friend of a friend of a friend for $80 when I was 18. Most of it is at the bottom of a pond now.

williepep - Rossi Pump 22 Magnum ( Winchester copy).

Still have it.

Was really young when got it, can't remember what age.

Then next Stainless Ruger Single Six 22/22 Magnum.

Still have it, and the box.

I just bought a new Single Six to shoot with my sons.  They are awesome for teaching handgun fundamentals and they are incredibly safe (for the sake of the children).

Mossberg 500 when I turned 18, 20 years ago. Still have it and keep it clean.

Springfield XD40 - sold it

Kimber Solo w/ laser, still own, but have a real hard on for a Chiappa Rhino 2" barrel .357 lately...

20 ga S&W model 1000

Got it as soon as it was legal for me to junt

Had a single shot .410 and a Marlin .22 bolt action rifle as a kid.

First gun I ever bought as an adult was a SS Colt 1911. That was in ‘91 and I believe I paid $850 for it. Which seems crazy to me given the magnitude of price increases in other things (milk for example) since then. I no longer have it. I had to sell it during some hard times in my early twenties. 

Glock 17.  Keeping it forever

1 Like

Remington 1100 LT20

TFK_Kaneman82 -

Mossberg 500 when I turned 18, 20 years ago. Still have it and keep it clean.

Was my first also. Don’t have it anymore, unfortunately.....

MojoSoDope -

My first gun was a Glock 26 and I plan on keeping it forever. 

Glock 27 had it almost 10 years. Never gonna get rid of this little ol faithful 

Remington single shot 12 gauge I hunted with when I was growing up. It's at my parents house

Whoooo Hoo! I get to participate!

The new Springfield XDM Elite 9mm 4.5" barrel

Ken206 hates it and I pick it up Thursday! 

At 18 I bought a used Franchi 12 gauge.  2 3/4”   It’s an improved cylinder only, you can’t add chokes.  I still use it twice a year to go dove hunting and occasionally will shoot skeet in the back yard.