What will happen with school walkouts today?

Will it be a big thing with thousands of students participating?

Will it be a bust?

Will Trump tweet about it?

Nothing.

A missed opportunity to learn math?

What school walkout

Our school is "allowing" kids to walk out at 10am....

.... to the football field where they will be supervised and the Student Government Association will speak for 20 minutes and then they will return to class.

Some kids will do it because they believe "Something needs to change".

Alot of the kids will "Protest" just to get outta school.

1/1000 chance some nutbar does something evil?

kids will take the chance to skip class and smoke weed.

Won't do shit cause they're idiot kids.

I'm assuming all the kids will be safer once they walk out of the gun free zones.

FETT_Loadin76_TFK -

Yeah, that’s what I’m kind of afraid of. Basically they set a time/date when a whole fuckload of kids will be congregating out in the open. If some sick fuck wanted to make a statement by killing a shit load of kids they might take the opportunity during the walkout. 

Nitecrawler -
FETT_Loadin76_TFK -

Yeah, that’s what I’m kind of afraid of. Basically they set a time/date when a whole fuckload of kids will be congregating out in the open. If some sick fuck wanted to make a statement by killing a shit load of kids they might take the opportunity during the walkout. 

That was the only reason I put the brakes on her joining in. Our school district is cool though, they told kids it won't be allowed and if they leave they will be marked unexcused and face possible detention... they probably think some nutbars gonna nutbar due to the Mandalay Bay thing

I participated in all high school walkouts I could..... to go smoke weed.

plus my daughter is in second grade. She ain’t got the balls to walk out of class 

kkmmnn -

I participated in all high school walkouts I could..... to go smoke weed.

plus my daughter is in second grade. She ain’t got the balls to walk out of class 

That’s exactly what happened in our last walkout within the city, and I don’t even remember what it was for. Maybe immigration? Idk, but spot on with the weed thing lol

Also, while I think my students don't grasp the full scope of the gun issue and aren't particularly well informed, I do think it is good for the ones that are taking this walkout thing seriously to show that they care about something and take steps towards becoming politically active in a sense. I'd rather have them doing this than just sitting on their phone watching Worldstar Hip Hop videos.

VectorWega -

A shooting would be funny.

Wow, you’re a real piece of shit. 

Kids don't know a goddamn thing. Fuck those kids. I think they should fall down on the floor and throw temper tantrums too.

in my hs days, if there was a walk out staged, teachers would give tests that day, if u were truant, no credit

If people walked out of my high school they would walk by trucks that had guns proudly displayed in the cabs....how would that work?

ranier wolfcastle - 

in my hs days, if there was a walk out staged, teachers would give tests that day, if u were truant, no credit

These days that teacher would be fired.

VectorWega -
kennyfrommd - 

Also, while I think my students don't grasp the full scope of the gun issue and aren't particularly well informed, I do think it is good for the ones that are taking this walkout thing seriously to show that they care about something and take steps towards becoming politically active in a sense. I'd rather have them doing this than just sitting on their phone watching Worldstar Hip Hop videos.

Does it really show they care? Seems like another excuse to get out of class.  Also, love that they staged this during spring break. What a bunch of morons.

It seems like if you can't discern that there are both groups of kids that don't care and wish to get out of class, and kids who very much care and are genuinely concerned about safety in school and in their community, then you shouldn't call any one else a moron. For example, some high schools in my area marched straight into the city to address officials about the issue at the Capitol. I'd say it is pretty evident that it wasn't "another excuse to get out of class" and it "shows they care" and are probably smarter than you.

Edit: Didn't see the username, shouldn't have bothered responded. Oh well.