What would you do if you could retire early?

What would you do if you could retire early?

As much as I would like to eat ham and drink wine in Spain until I die of a heart attack or liver failure, I would have to find something to do.

Would you get another job to fill time and give you beer money? Fish? Bang hookers? Sit at home like an old man and drill beer from a can and watch football?

4 Likes

I’ll either get a full time tech job, start my own company, or go to school again.

3 Likes

Prolly spend more time on fitness. Maybe volunteer one or two days a week. There would definitely be some old man beer drinking though.

8 Likes

I did.

I’ve spent the last three years enjoying the end of my 40’s, working on my health, spending time with family, getting divorced and remarried and generally doing what I want to do. I go to the beach a lot and to the river (boating) a lot. Covid kind of fucked up my life of leisure for awhile here in so cal. It’s about time I’ll go get another job. I still got some left in me.

8 Likes

Congrats to you. Especially doing it in SoCal.

2 Likes

Start full time travelling around the country.

2 Likes

I’ll leave when I can. My kids are here and until me and the ex agree to where we all move to next. We stay here.

I would do everything i could to live like it was 1850.

4 season log cabin in the country by some water, even if it’s just a river.
Chopping wood.
Reading books.
Gardening.

Something like that.

6 Likes

This (I would do it on the Adriatic and any decent OG’er that heads to Croatia for a vacation can hang out with me and enjoy)…

3 Likes

I’d retire…duh!!

This was my early retirement plan. Wasn’t supposed to happen until age 50.

Now, if I ever decided to retire from this, I’d likely wind up doing blacksmith work at a historical site. Teach kids and tourists and whatnot.

10 Likes

Too much shit to see in the world and I believe this is an early death sentence to many…

4 Likes

I hope to keep working until I’m at least 80.

If I have too much idle time, it usually leads to self-destructive behavior, so I need something to keep me busy. So even if I retire from my current career, I’ll pick up another job somewhere else or start my own business.

Once I turn 80, I’ll probably start using heroin and nod off into the sunset.

Maybe not, though.

2 Likes

Travel bud - it’s the fountain of youth…

squash
pickleball.
workout
Have a couple beers at the club after

watch the markets
eat fish and fresh fruits
fuck in the afternoon
go to bed early

once a month get some MDMA and GHB Ketamine and an 8 ball - but on my chuck taylors and hit a 24-48 hour after hours tech house set

Rinse and repeat

4 Likes

I like the idea of raising and training dogs. Nothing too hardcore, just helping to add good dogs to the world.

1 Like

I’ve hated travelling since late 2001.

2 Likes

I’d start taking classes that interested me, and travel the country/world between classes. There’s so much to learn, and so much cool stuff to see.

Between that, my hobbies, and my friends and family, I think I’d live a very happy life.

Also, I’ll add in there, that I might start a business based on my hobbies, to keep me busy with something I enjoy

2 Likes

I wasn’t asking you (that was a direct order)…

I hate flying but make an effort to go somewhere every 2 years…

Start a baseball academy.

3 Likes