What would you do if you could retire early?

Telling people to buy a product that is 2 to 3 times leveraged to the performance of the Nasdaq seems like a good idea to you? Especially given that we are towards the absolute tail end of the longest bull market in history? You are bonkers.

I am in my 50’s. I have a portfolio consisting mainly of non-leveraged etfs. I also own single-family homes as rental properties. I have also put about 10% of my net worth into apartment complexes through partnerships. I have about 15% of my net worth in cryptos because I bought in early October 2020. Blind luck, but it has worked out.

This basically sums up my experience.

1 Like

dollars GIF

1 Like

Dryfly-is-a-fucking-stupid-old-fool.gif

1 Like

Im 43 and retired. Bought a bass boat and spend alot more time on the water. Work on my car and enjoy shooting my guns. Nice being around family all of the time now.

3 Likes

How’d you make that happen? If I’m going tomatch you, I’m one year away from retiring … I need to step things up! lol

2 Likes

Man that sounds about perfect.

1 Like

OG fulltime

2 Likes

military retirement and disability pay rather well. new recruits do not get the 20 year and get paid option, its all 401k driven.

2 Likes

Eligible in 5 months now. Was planning on staying longer but with all the BS going on I’m thinking about leaving ASAP.

5 Likes

what do you do?

Accountant

1 Like

FBI?

agent provocateur

1 Like

No.

Golf, Golf, and more Golf.

3 Likes

Probably not work

Retired at 39 , Messing with cars , guns , fishing and road trips takes up about 80% of my free time . I can’t remember the last time I even set an alarm clock .

4 Likes

the no alarms is one of my favorite parts as well!

3 Likes

I believe I might have stated this earlier in this thread, but the comments about alarm clocks made me want to post this:

I retired in my early 50’s after a heart attack. Every day that I worked, the alarm clock would go off and the very first thought I would have was “Fuck!”. Every god damned day, my first thought was, “Fuck! I have to go to work!”.

Now I never set my alarm and I wake up in a pretty good mood. If I am ever in a bad mood all I have to do is ask myself, “What do you have to be pissed about? Nothing!”.

4 Likes