What would you say is typical pay for debut pro?

I was the matchmaker for a show in northeast and it was 200/200 plus 15-20% of ticket sales. That was also before we were allowed to do amateur fights on the same show as pros, so I had to pay all 24-26 guys on the show. Now the shows up here pay the amateur guys only ticket % and only have to pay the 8 or so pro guys, so pay went up.

Now it'll depend on if his amateur record, the difficulty of the fight and whether he's been known to sell a ton of tickets.

I've seen anything from 200 to 600/600.

Words of wisdom.Just change the profession.

Ridin' down the highway
Goin' to a show
Stop in all the by-ways
Playin' rock 'n' roll
Gettin' robbed
Gettin' stoned
Gettin' beat up
Broken boned
Gettin' had
Gettin' took
I tell you folks
It's harder than it looks

It's a long way to the top
If you wanna rock 'n' roll
If you think it's easy doin' one night stands
Try playin' in a rock roll band

Hotel, motel
Make you wanna cry
Lady do the hard sell
Know the reason why
Gettin' old
Gettin' grey
Gettin' ripped off
Under-paid
Gettin' sold
Second hand
That's how it goes
Playin' in a band

If you wanna be a star on stage and scream
Look out it's rough and mean

crowbar - Ridin' down the highway
Goin' to a show
Stop in all the by-ways
Playin' rock 'n' roll
Gettin' robbed
Gettin' stoned
Gettin' beat up
Broken boned
Gettin' had
Gettin' took
I tell you folks
It's harder than it looks

If you think it's easy doin' one night stands
Try playin' in a rock roll band

Hotel, motel
Make you wanna cry
Lady do the hard sell
Know the reason why
Gettin' old
Gettin' grey
Gettin' ripped off
Under-paid
Gettin' sold
Second hand
That's how it goes
Playin' in a band

If you wanna be a star on stage and scream
Look out it's rough and mean

not a fan of that song....Not my cup of tea.

I fought for 500/500, i know guys who have fought for less. I also know some promoters who will offer no purse but a larger percentage of ticket sales.

It's amazing to me how in pro wrestling you have WWE stars making tons yet Indy guys get 100 bucks or so even in places like ROH.

Yet in MMA you have UFC where guys don't make WWE money yet on the Indy circuit you have pro debut MMA fighters capable of getting 500-600 bucks.

Insanity.

That a debuting MMA fighter no one knows can get more money than WWE's Daniel Bryan aka Bryan Danielson got in ROH to main event sold out shows in NYC.

Good for these guys debuting and here is to hoping at the top that more MMA guys can earn what Buff Bagwell did in the year. 2000. Phone Post 3.0

LMAO. My first fight was $50-$50 and it was pride rules with elbows. Damn some of you guys were spoiled.

donkypunch55 -
YHTOMIT2001 -
OSMMA - 600 to show 400 win bonus for pro debut is about as low as a Fighter should except. 200/200 is pretty damn low. I like to pay my fighters enough to atleast cover medicals which can run $600. Phone Post 3.0
Wow. What kind of local level orgs are paying that much for a debut? I made $500/$500 for my last fight and it was my 12th pro fight and the main event of the show. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, u want their number. I'm getting fed to a hometown hero Jan. 11th as the main event and I'm getting $600-$600.
Maybe it's geographical location? I'm in the Midwest... Phone Post 3.0
GE Fights out of Socal. Next show is at Vista, CA. Jan 18th and anything under 500 to show is ridiculous. Phone Post 3.0

Might at aswell just tell the fighter free beer and hotdogs lol. Phone Post 3.0

My ammy record i hope will be 13-4 when i make my debut, i have a couple of my titles not sure if that adds value or not. As it stands i am considered 1 of the top 3 ammy 135ers in michigan but again i dont think that means a whole lot. I am trying to fight all over so selling tickets wouldnt be to good if i am fighting out of state. As for pro pay in mi i think base pay for a debut is like 200-200. But im not interested in fighting pro here. Phone Post 3.0

there is no money in the Mid West to pay people $500 show and $500 to win. Unless you are the main event and people know you.

Sequoyah Sandford - My ammy record i hope will be 13-4 when i make my debut, i have a couple of my titles not sure if that adds value or not. As it stands i am considered 1 of the top 3 ammy 135ers in michigan but again i dont think that means a whole lot. I am trying to fight all over so selling tickets wouldnt be to good if i am fighting out of state. As for pro pay in mi i think base pay for a debut is like 200-200. But im not interested in fighting pro here. Phone Post 3.0
I also Promote out of Southern, IN. I know few shows up in Northern, IN that run Proams. Phone Post 3.0

JoeVIP  - there is no money in the Mid West to pay people $500 show and $500 to win. Unless you are the main event and people know you.

Really? So where would a pro fighter in the Midwest fight to make a name for himself?

I'm fight in feb in Missouri and the purse is 350/350 which is about top notch for Missouri for debute Phone Post 3.0

JoeVIP - there is no money in the Mid West to pay people $500 show and $500 to win. Unless you are the main event and people know you.
Nailed it.
Unless you can sell 500 tickets their just not paying.
Lol, I'm gonna have to fight 3 times next month to cover rent and bills. Phone Post 3.0

TheBulgarianAssassin -
JoeVIP  - there is no money in the Mid West to pay people $500 show and $500 to win. Unless you are the main event and people know you.

Really? So where would a pro fighter in the Midwest fight to make a name for himself?
Pinnacle Combat.

Iowa Challenge (one of the bigger ones)

RFA.

MCC.

The problem is that even if your well known you better be fighting in your hometown or bringing 2-4 hundred people with you to garner the pay. Generally a promoter prefers a hometown guy to own a title because every time he defends it's basically the town showing up. Phone Post 3.0

JeffersonDArcyChoke - It's amazing to me how in pro wrestling you have WWE stars making tons yet Indy guys get 100 bucks or so even in places like ROH.

Yet in MMA you have UFC where guys don't make WWE money yet on the Indy circuit you have pro debut MMA fighters capable of getting 500-600 bucks.

Insanity.

That a debuting MMA fighter no one knows can get more money than WWE's Daniel Bryan aka Bryan Danielson got in ROH to main event sold out shows in NYC.

Good for these guys debuting and here is to hoping at the top that more MMA guys can earn what Buff Bagwell did in the year. 2000. Phone Post 3.0
You could wrestle a lot more than you can fight though. Phone Post 3.0

GC does either 200/200 or 300/300 plus ticket sales IIRC... Phone Post 3.0

I pay 300/300 for debuts on my show... or guys who have never fought in my area looking to build a name.

Main eventers make 1k/1k - 1,500/1,500.

I generally don't do % of ticket sales because I think guys should be focusing on training, not focusing on selling tickets, but the guys that do insist make a small base and 20%

I pay 300/300 for debuts on my show... or guys who have never fought in my area looking to build a name.

Main eventers make 1k/1k - 1,500/1,500.

I generally don't do % of ticket sales because I think guys should be focusing on training, not focusing on selling tickets, but the guys that do insist make a small base and 20%