What would you think of a Masters Division?

Like the PGA has, for older pros?
The article about Marc Coleman talking about being reenergized from coaching TUF and he said he would fight again, but not against Bones, Cormier, etc, but against "the right opponent" he would.
Got me thinking who the "right opponent could be" and I was of course thinking about other older fighters, which lead me to thinking about having Masters fights (over 40/45/50/whatever).
Not saying you have to go to the Masters when you reach that age, just like golf, it's the persons choice who/where they compete.
What do think? Interesting? Unnecessary? Older fights shouldn't fight at all? Phone Post 3.0

Wrong forum? Phone Post 3.0

Is this OG? Fucking app.
Can a mod move to UG please? Phone Post 3.0

Mods, move this to the UFCGround!

I see the appeal, but this would open up a huge can of worms for the possibility of long-term injury.

It would be fun if the guys just made it like a grappling match, but would you want to see a legend getting his head beat in, because it would happen eventually.

After all, it's a fistfight, I wouldn't want to see any legends getting hurt permanently.

It sucked when the IFL tried it 6 years ago. Those dudes are just older now.

I hate the idea.

MMA is not golf. Golfers don't get their brains rattled during their countless practice rounds or when the are competing. MMA fighters risk brain damage every day in the gym and in the Octagon. Once their skills decline to the point where they can no longer compete with the youngsters, they need to hang up the gloves and stop risking their future well-being.

Steve4192 - I hate the idea.

MMA is not golf. Golfers don't get their brains rattled during their countless practice rounds or when the are competing. MMA fighters risk brain damage every day in the gym and in the Octagon. Once their skills decline to the point where they can no longer compete with the youngsters, they need to hang up the gloves and stop risking their future well-being.
Boom. This. Phone Post 3.0

neil11 -
Steve4192 - I hate the idea.

Boom. This. Phone Post 3.0
Came here to post this Phone Post 3.0

If they don't allow strikes to the head I'm in.

LOL