What you like/dislike @ MMA shows

"Biggest gripe as a fan? Judges who aren't qualified to judge a MMA match."

Biggest gripe as a fan? stupid fans that think they could judge so much better than the professionals

I'm not saying they dont make mistakes but this is getting out of hand

Judges will always be a problem no matter what, thats why there is three of them.

Promotors should supply gloves unless the fighters have their own which meet standards.

Fighter's pay should be held in escrow.

As a fan and someone who trains in mixed martial arts:

I like Prides idea of yellow cards for stalling a fight.

I personally think headstomps and knees to the head while on the ground are likely to kill someone and I'd rather not see it at events.

When a fight is ended the Doctor and the ref should be the ONLY PEOPLE in the cage/ring until both fighters are deemed ok. We don't need another scene like boxings Green/Covington.

An occasional female fight might be cool. I've seen a few and they weren't bad.

Having extra gloves on hand for the fighters wouldn't be a bad idea, I'd assume most would have their own anyway. I wouldn't advertise it but let them use them if they need them.

Qualified refs is a must and I couldn't think of someone more qualified than a current or former MMA fighter. Just no fighters from the same teams should be reffing each others fights obviously.

I don't mind the different types of fighting rings or cages. I think it makes a fighter have to be flexible and adaptable in a different situation. That's an important trait in any athlete. Pro baseball players often deal with bigger and smaller fields, wind, sun, rain, etc. Shit, hockey players fight on ice.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Thanks people!

And wontsubmit, again, what would be the conflict with a fighter ref??

I think its pretty easy to figure out. There are lots of scenarios I don't feel like typing, LoL. I'm niether for or against, well that ain't true since we use fighters as refs I guess I'd have to say I'm for fighters reffing. But anyways Im not sure fighters can be officials in regulated states. I may be wrong.

"I think its pretty easy to figure out." <--- I'd rather not leave it to conjecture, just spell it out. Obviously a fighter from the same team should not ref a teamate/training partners match, though. I can see that much but I would rather not guess at what you are getting at.

Are there no MMA coaches, trainers, judges, refs, fighters, doctors, ring girls, spectators, promoters, and the like out there that have any input that they would like to post here on "What you like/dislike @ MMA shows"? I need some input dang it. I'm writing a paper and will give credit to all of those who have help if so wanted.

Ive posted what I think

I have found that people like:

1. HOT RING GIRLS!!!!

2. BEER!!!

3. A few fights that do the distance

4. A quick knockout

5. one or two amatuer bouts. -- Beginners are fun to watch

6. A good ring anouncer

7. Short intermissions

8. HOT RING GIRLS!!!! -- Shows can be good or bad, due to no fault of the promoter. But, at least you had hot ring girls to give the crowd something to look at.

As a spectator I hate how in the UFC all the fighters spend 5 minutes thaking their sponsors after the fight, even ones who can't speak English like Arlovski!

In Pride I hate the ridiculously long walk-ins to the ring. I usually just fast forward to the beginning of the round.

A good commentator is crucial too.

An annoying commentator can ruin a good fight.

I really dislike smoking in the audience. Sometimes between rounds, I've had to bring my pulse down and really get my breath back. Now imagine taking a few really deep breaths and just feeling cigarette smoke fill your lungs as you try to recover for the next 5 minutes of all-out fighting... :-(

I agree with Kris on points 1 and 7. These should be required by law.

lol

Striking Viking,

agreed, there should be no smoking allowed during fights or anywhere fighters are going to be at the venue.

Fighter:

Not getting paid promptly, having fighters changed on me last minute, no good warm up areas.

Promoter:

Stress, Stress and more stress, everyone trying to have a conversation with you while your running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Manager:

Not really a "manager" for anyone.

Trainer:

Nothing really.....

Cornerman:

I'm not the greatest cornerman in the world, so can't really comment

Spectator:

other specatators

and even a Ring Girl:

my boobs arent' big enough

ttt

from a promotions standpoint. If you are honest then money doesnt need to be in escrow.
and if its on paper the contract is solid verbal is not
In shows that are lower level opponent changes at last minute are inevetable.Deal with and go on
missmatches will occur and u hope for a good ref
fighters as refs use common sense if people from same team are fighting there is always a ? about integrity
moose

"i hate lowlifes yelling stupid shit and smoking cigarettes in the audience"
That is my number 1 problem with local fight shows.

I also don't like it when they have amateur fights with only travel money or pro fights for chump change.

If a guy has 1000 people at $20 a ticket tah is $20,000. Who know how much more on concessions and merchandise sales. He should pay everyone at least a couple hundred dollars.