What's next for Lawler?!

He just got beat up pretty bad tonight…it’s obvious he won’t be holding the tile ever again so what should Ufc do with him? Maybe put Til in there with him?

Wonder boy vs Lawler I’d love to see but it doesn’t make sense rankings wise…hmm what is Wonder boy doing, just waiting for someone to beat Woodley so he can fight them?

Probably knee surgery

I hope he retires. I have too much respect for him to want to see him used as a stepping stone for up and coming guys. I also have concern for his long term health. He’s been doing it for a really long time.

Robbie looked great. Had his wits about him in the 5th still looking for that 1 shot.

Injuries suck

Platinum

B-fighters or retirement. had a long and good career

TheDarkPassenger - Platinum
lol no

Perry belongs on the fight pass prelims

Retire

I wouldn't say retire because he's not get completely destroyed or ko'd every fight but I'd say the guy needs to go to the drawing board and maybe start getting takedowns and working them and also start digging big power low leg kicks with his solids hands. 

Are you guys serious ? He was in the fight till his knee gave out then he couldn’t stand or hardly throw any punches he stood against the cage to help himself stand. Had the knee held up I reckon it would’ve been a completely different fight 

Yancy Medeiros

GOAT St. Pierre - Yancy Medeiros

UFC Hawaii??!

BigBeefy - 

Are you guys serious ? He was in the fight till his knee gave out then he couldn’t stand or hardly throw any punches he stood against the cage to help himself stand. Had the knee held up I reckon it would’ve been a completely different fight 

I’m serious, I’d like to see him retire. He’s been a pro since he was 19 years old. The 2 Hendricks fights, McDonald, Condit, those fights were wars, he got KO’d by Woodley. I trained with him for a lot of years and he’s a great person, he has a family, and I want him to have a good quality of life after his career is over. I don’t want to see him ending up like Diego Sanchez, or a couple other guys I knew how stayed in it too long.

64FordF100 - 
BigBeefy - 

I’m serious, I’d like to see him retire. He’s been a pro since he was 19 years old. The 2 Hendricks fights, McDonald, Condit, those fights were wars, he got KO’d by Woodley. I trained with him for a lot of years and he’s a great person, he has a family, and I want him to have a good quality of life after his career is over. I don’t want to see him ending up like Diego Sanchez, or a couple other guys I knew how stayed in it too long.

Yea but he worked all these years to get to this earning potential he has now

64FordF100 -
BigBeefy - 

Yea I hear ya but people are saying he got straight beat up. He did once his leg wouldn’t support his body anymore. Robbie’s been my favorite fighter since his first stint in the ufc and I don’t wanna see him hanging around to long but people are acting like he sucks now 

WattMell - Lawler vs Masvidal?

Would be a fun fight, but they've been training partners in the past, and something about the way Masvidal speaks about Robbie makes me think they were/are close. However wouldn't surprise me in the least to see them agree to throw down.

Lawler v Nick Diaz II

BigBeefy - 
64FordF100 -
BigBeefy - 

Yea I hear ya but people are saying he got straight beat up. He did once his leg wouldn’t support his body anymore. Robbie’s been my favorite fighter since his first stint in the ufc and I don’t wanna see him hanging around to long but people are acting like he sucks now 

Quite a few people have never trained or competed at sports. It’s not their fault. They just don’t understand how a knee injury in the second round changed the dynamics of the fight.

In their mind, Robbie should have overcame it and performed like an injury free fighter.

I agree that Robbie should seriously start looking into retirement at some point. He’s still a top flight welter weight, but he has a lot of miles on that body and he has fought the very best in the world for a long time. 41 fights and plenty of wars. Easy Hall of Famer!

Knee surgery would be next I’d say

Mike Perry or Gunnar Nelson,