What's next for the Atlanta Falcons?

Will they completely fall off next season like the Panthers did this season? Or was this year just the beginning of something special? 

Brutal loss. They're toast for next year. Matty Ice = most undeserving nickname ever.

Losing Kyle Shanahan will matter more than people think. I think their offense takes a step back.

(Yes I know they hired the former drunk Steve Sark to run the offense and that they announced that it's staying basically the same. I'll believe all that bullshit works when I see it)

PorkJackhammer - Brutal loss. They're toast for next year. Matty Ice = most undeserving nickname ever.

I may have to agree 

Missing the playoffs.

1) Super Bowl losers generally do poorly the next season.

2) The NFC South is generally the most turbulent division in football, and generally sees a different winner each year.

I have no idea what their free agent situation is like, but assuming they dont lose a lot of key players or have a ton of injuries I dont see any reason why they wouldnt return to the playoffs at least....they were easily the best team in the NFC and basically lost the superbowl on a coin flip...

Depends of if they are really a "team" or a bunch of guys that play on a team together. If they are a "team" expect them to play with a chip on their shoulder, if they are not expect them to fail miserably.

Surprised they got rid of their dc. Pretty tough losing both coordinators in one offseason.

Start of something for the team. The defense is young, so they should be good there. If they can improve in the draft, then they'll be a tough team to beat

I loved Brian Cox on Hard Knocks a few years ago, I am sure his firing won't go over well with the players.

Hiring Steve Sarkisian will turn out to be a mistake.  He has very little experience at the NFL level.

fastnotch331 - Depends of if they are really a "team" or a bunch of guys that play on a team together. If they are a "team" expect them to play with a chip on their shoulder, if they are not expect them to fail miserably.

This. I actually think they'll be better next year if so.

Vegito Blue -
PorkJackhammer - Brutal loss. They're toast for next year. Matty Ice = most undeserving nickname ever.

I may have to agree 

The Seahawks still have locker room turmoil over their loss to NE. The Falcons' loss is arguably more brutal. There's no one play or decision to blame. Given that Dan Quinn was a part of the Seattle failure too you gotta wonder where his head is at.

KrisDonahoo -
fastnotch331 - Depends of if they are really a "team" or a bunch of guys that play on a team together. If they are a "team" expect them to play with a chip on their shoulder, if they are not expect them to fail miserably.

Show me a super bowl loser who was better the following year.

PorkJackhammer -
Vegito Blue -

I may have to agree 

The Seahawks still have locker room turmoil over their loss to NE. The Falcons' loss is arguably more brutal. There's no one play or decision to blame. Given that Dan Quinn was a part of the Seattle failure too you gotta wonder where his head is at.

The Falcons handed the game away after that huge Julio Jones catch. They should have ran the ball 3x after that to either take time off the clock or force the Pats to use their remaining time outs. Instead they try throwing it and then the penalties took them back to far out of field goal range. So that's the coaches faults. 

The man that decided to throw the ball 2 plays in a row when it was 2nd and 11 inside the 25, with 3 minutes left in the 4th, instead of going up by 11.. That guy is gone. That I'm happy about. Now we just hope that everybody stays healthy. Jones, Ryan, Freeman, Coleman, Sanu, Gabriel, Hooper, our whole line. None of those guys are leaving. They'll be fine next year. 

PorkJackhammer -
KrisDonahoo -

What do you mean by better? The only qualifier would be a team who won it all the following year which isn't that common in any sport. But the Denver broncos are a team that lost the Super Bowl and came back two years later to win. They didn't experience a decline really.

da Vinci 81 -
PorkJackhammer -
KrisDonahoo -

What do you mean by better? The only qualifier would be a team who won it all the following year which isn't that common in any sport. But the Denver broncos are a team that lost the Super Bowl and came back two years later to win. They didn't experience a decline really.

the offence sure did they were awful the year the won the bowl and the best when they lost in it 

Vegito Blue -
PorkJackhammer -
Vegito Blue -

I may have to agree 

The Falcons handed the game away after that huge Julio Jones catch. They should have ran the ball 3x after that to either take time off the clock or force the Pats to use their remaining time outs. Instead they try throwing it and then the penalties took them back to far out of field goal range. So that's the coaches faults. 

Three runs -kick a fg - win game

They will return to being the average "C" level team they have been since they were created.