What's sad about xboxone

Is that before, I was willing to lose the hardware specs to the ps4 for a cool system. I was sold watching the conference.

Only after they released all the other negative into it that we're unnecessary like always on kinect, 24 hour check in, and used games policy, that they shot themselves.

Ps4 it'll be but Microsoft literally did it to themselves, I don't think sales will be too good either, as literally everyone (who is choosing between the two) is getting a ps4 over Xbox Phone Post 3.0

personally, i think the furor is much ado about nothing

None of the issues you mention above would really make any difference to my use of the machine.

Can't remember when i use the xbox without internet.

Havn't borrowed a game of any one in years.

Mainly use the Xbox as a multimedia device.

But Sony have certainly listened to consumers and told them what they want to hear even if you actually listen to the details both companies will do pretty much the same thing.

Son and I both have ps3 and swap games. We will both be getting ps4. Phone Post

AZ do you work for Microsoft?

Refuse to Lose - 

Still getting an Xbox One but yeah all the restrictions are definitely overkill. Don't know what made MS go in that direction but they definitely lost potential Xbox One customers after releasing all the details. Phone Post

I'm curious... Have you been following the news lately with all the secret government surveillance of American citizens going on via big corporations products and services?

Do you have any concerns about the Kinect having full access to your living room and with the mic possibly more, 24/7?

fingers 'n' teeth - personally, i think the furor is much ado about nothing

None of the issues you mention above would really make any difference to my use of the machine.

Can't remember when i use the xbox without internet.

Havn't borrowed a game of any one in years.

Mainly use the Xbox as a multimedia device.

But Sony have certainly listened to consumers and told them what they want to hear even if you actually listen to the details both companies will do pretty much the same thing.

Pretty much same here.

the issue I have is that I use Gamefly and Redbox for games. Haven't seen how they'd address those issues.

As someone who has both a 360 and PS3 (as well as games on PC and mobile) I watched all the E3 coverage yesterday with great interest.

As of right now, I can say I will likely buy a PS4 at launch.

The Xbone I will be holding out on deciding until I find out more definitive answers to some of these questions.

Right now, it appears that PS is staying true to the core of a gaming system, while MS is trying to create the be-all entertainment system.  Since I personally have no use for either system as anything beyond the gaming, it only comes down to providing the best gaming experience, and being the least intrusive in my life (I'm not down with 24/7 connections and always on cameras).

Everybody I know in the gaming industry is acting like Sony just took a big shit in MS's mouth this week.

That video how to share games was the clincher. Get rid of the secrecy, and boom...here's how you do it.

Great response to the competition perpetually jamming their own foot in the mouth....and then later putting that foot up the consumer's ass.

BradGluckman - AZ do you work for Microsoft?
He's been a ms zealot in every thread Phone Post 3.0

I'm kind of lost in all of this. What is E3 exactly?

From everything I've read I'll probably go with PS4 too. Phone Post 3.0

I dont understand how nobody who works at microsoft was like "hey what if your interent is out for more then 24 hours"

One big tell is that you still have people picking sides and say they're staying the same, but I've seen plenty of XBox people say they're switching and no PS3 people say they are going over to XBone. Phone Post 3.0

Adulterous_Zucchini - 
who RAPED public - 

No. I run linux and will never, ever go back to Windows. I own an Xbox 360, and owned a PS and Xbox last gen. My real problem is with unreasonable snobbery and hipsterism. People are being passionately irrational about this, and it irks me. I actually want PS4 to succeed and am considering getting one instead of an XB1. To be honest though, the lack of exclusives will probably lead me to XB1, but I'm expecting to shift to PS4 mid-gen. 

Okay just wondering I have been following different threads on the subject and it seems you counter any claim that could be perceived as negative for Microsoft I got the impression your defending the company as if you worked there

Yea none of those things really affect me. In fact Im irritated if my xbox won't connect to the internet. Can't remember when Ive ever willingly had the internet off. I don't borrow games really. Kinect always on is a little creepy since it can see you, but just turn it around.

That said I would prbably get a ps4 now if they controller was as good as the xbox's. But if that doesn't happen Im down for this kick ass full media center xbox1.

But I dont know why anyone would buy the first generation of these consoles. Ill wait a year after all the first ones break and they have to fix the new ones.

Dude has been in every thread. Either works for them, or just cant see the very straight forward logic of why people dont want one.

Cant believe that ms stock isnt completely shit right now. Phone Post

Adulterous_Zucchini -
BradGluckman - 
Adulterous_Zucchini - 
who RAPED public - 

No. I run linux and will never, ever go back to Windows. I own an Xbox 360, and owned a PS and Xbox last gen. My real problem is with unreasonable snobbery and hipsterism. People are being passionately irrational about this, and it irks me. I actually want PS4 to succeed and am considering getting one instead of an XB1. To be honest though, the lack of exclusives will probably lead me to XB1, but I'm expecting to shift to PS4 mid-gen. 

Okay just wondering I have been following different threads on the subject and it seems you counter any claim that could be perceived as negative for Microsoft I got the impression your defending the company as if you worked there

Lol, I'll admit that i've adopted the role of Devil's advocate, but I don't think that I've been too unreasonable. 

Not unreasonable, but there are aspects you just dont see.

1) online all the time

2) camera looking right into your living room connected to persistent connection

3) drm.

4) $100 increased price.

Not much else to say. Phone Post

Refuse to Lose -
JitsuGuy -
Refuse to Lose -  Still getting an Xbox One but yeah all the restrictions are definitely overkill. Don't know what made MS go in that direction but they definitely lost potential Xbox One customers after releasing all the details. Phone Post

I'm curious... Have you been following the news lately with all the secret government surveillance of American citizens going on via big corporations products and services?

Do you have any concerns about the Kinect having full access to your living room and with the mic possibly more, 24/7?

Not at all after all the camera can easily be covered or I'm sure pointed in another direction. Do I think it lame as hell? You bet but then again I think we all can live with these requirements. Phone Post

I was told the kinect camera is the same deal as an Internet connection. If you cover the camera it lock the system down same as having no Internet connection.

Absolutely fucking absurd. It's a damn shame to, cause Ryse and the next Halo look amazing. Phone Post

A lot of people are arguing that these restrictions are not THAT bad.

Are you serious? If I'm going to throw 500 dollars at a gaming system, I want the least amount of restrictions possible. Period. Phone Post 3.0

the always online and constant camera thing are deal breakers for me. i was originally thinking of going xbox when the next gen was officially announced, but now there is no way i would ever get an xbox one.

tbh though, i dont want a PS4 either, the fact that Sony AGAIN will make their console NOT backwards compatible is horrible for me. the PS2 could play PS games, but the PS3, only certain models could play PS2 games, and it wasnt a simple process. If PS4 would play PS3 and PS2 and original PS games with no extra charge or hassle, i would buy it right away. As it stands, i am going to keep my ps3 for a few years until the next gen consoles get a lot cheaper.