Whats Storm Shadows deal?

Any G.I. Joe experts here? I'm sure I read he was a double agent at one stage and wasnt fully Cobra but he seems like an evil bastard.

Is he just in it for the money or hatred of Snake eyes? I love their dynamic rivalry but its pretty confusing Phone Post

Well no wonder I was confused lol thanks for the info. Phone Post

He gets paid a bonus every time he beats down Quick Kick, hence why he was forever kicking his ass, but never finishing him off.

Lol well there is a similarity between Destro and BLAF lol fight bonuses in Cobra must have been few and far between. Phone Post

RedDragonUK - 

Any G.I. Joe experts here? I'm sure I read he was a double agent at one stage and wasnt fully Cobra but he seems like an evil bastard.

Is he just in it for the money or hatred of Snake eyes? I love their dynamic rivalry but its pretty confusing Phone Post

Storm Shadow [known as Tommy Arashikage] served in an LRRP [Long ranger Recon Patrol] unit with Snake Eyes and Stalker in Vietnam [this has since been retconned to be an un-named war in the South East area region ]

Tommy invited SE to train with his family and clan after the war. SE initially declines because he wants to get back to his family and twin sister [we all know how this ends up]

SE ends up training with the arashikage clan. His skills eventually surpass Tommy's [except with the bow and arrow. While SE could always hit the mark Tommy would always go through the mark and hit what was behind it]

One night Hard Master was training SE [he wanted SE to become head of the clan instead of Tommy] he goes behind a curtain to test SE to see if he could guess who he was imitating [He was imitating SE] when he is killed with an arrow [the arrow went through him and hit the post. ] The next thing SE sees is Tommy in what would become his famous Storm Shadow suit runs out of the grounds with his Bow in hand. [SE:Origins-G.I.Joe #25? {the one where SS is kicking SE off a train cover} revealed that Tommy was running after the assassin [which turned out to be Zartan] but he escapes in a Cobra copter [how SE never sees or hears it is beyond me] Tommy now known as Storm Shadow joins Cobra to find the assassin and kill him.

This is the original origin of the two. I don't know how DDP covered it or if they changed anything beyond the name of the War.

One extra note. Cobra Commander sent the assassin to kill SE because he blamed Him and his family for his Brother's death [CC's brother was drunk driving when he collided with SE's family and they were all killed.

I kinda feel sorry for Storm Shadow now. Snake eyes needs to get his facts straight. Phone Post

RedDragonUK - 

I kinda feel sorry for Storm Shadow now. Snake eyes needs to get his facts straight. Phone Post

Snake Eyes knows Storm Shadow didn't kill the Hard Master.

He does? So whats his problem?

Goofy trivia - "arashi" means "storm" in Japanese, and one meaning of "kage" is "shadow" :-)

Thus, Tommy Arashikage = Tommy Stormshadow

SamboMMA - One extra note. Cobra Commander sent the assassin to kill SE because he blamed Him and his family for his Brother's death [CC's brother was drunk driving when he collided with SE's family and they were all killed.

Lol. This seems like the dumbest plot piece.

Also unrelated the GI Joe movie I heard Duke died instead of the lame coma rehash they did but after the Transformers movie and Optimus death they decided against it.

Also where the heck are the biker dudes from? Dredknocks? Its like Dick Van Dyke was brought in to do voice acting.

That movie was way more badass than the live action rubbish though.

Go Joe! Phone Post

RedDragonUK - He does? So whats his problem?

The writers who insist on them having a rivalry is the problem. SS has called SE his sword brother numerous times. SS was even apart of G.I.Joe for awhile. CC brainwashed him into being a Villain again.

The_Pundits_Fluffer_III - 
SamboMMA - One extra note. Cobra Commander sent the assassin to kill SE because he blamed Him and his family for his Brother's death [CC's brother was drunk driving when he collided with SE's family and they were all killed.

It was. It was just a dumb excuse to have SE have ties with CC.

SamboMMA - 

wow that's bad.

shibbytastic - 
SamboMMA - 

wow that's bad.

They added that part way later though after it jumped the shark. The early comics were pretty awesome and had a more authentic feel (to me as an 8 year old) They were green berets who were in a special forces/delta squad type unit. Snake Eyes got his face blown off in what was a fictionalized version of the Iran, hostage rescue that had a bunch of helicopters crash in the desert. CC was an ex special forces op who was disillusioned  with Murica because of his failing business. He started in American legion halls and built up cobra from that.

Firefly was my favorite, he was a Carlos the Jakyl rip but a member of another ninja clan that CC hired to do the hit on SE. He subbed it out to Zartan and was the one flying the getaway copter.... then they made him kind of a puss later in comics which always pissed me off.

Dreadknocks are a Biker Gang from Australia.. and sometime the Florida everglades....never figured that one out...

Storm Shadow looks cool but is too emo and never picks whether he's a bad guy or good guy.

I was going to wait to post this with some other 80s stuff. But seeing this thread makes me want to add it to this conversation. Its 16x24 in acrylics and oils.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/42332736397449321021322.jpg/

$50

Nice work GrendelX I think that one will sell quickly.

Being from England GI Joe is very confusing anyway because the comic was originally called Action Force and they used to white out words and change them so they were the European division rather than USA. It's all a bit hazy now but the toys were even called Action Force originally.

Then later on we got the comics included with the Transformers comic and it became GI Joe and thats when it got really confusing but how it should have been originally.

The toys were incredible for there time and I still think they hold up and smash a lot of the stuff that comes out now design and playability wise.

Bloody useless if they were real though, you cant have soldiers stood out on the side of a tank lol!

Action Force intro 

Always wanted the hover craft.