Whats the best mma book IYO?

Not including instructionals. For me im going with no holds barred by clyde gentry. Not only the best mma book but one of the best books ive ever read period. The book came out right before tuf 1 came out. I wish hed come out with a sequel like 05 to present. Bj penns book gets honorable mention. Phone Post

A lot of good books there but my favourite to read so far has been Big John McCarthys. Good insight behind the genesis of UFC and the Gracie family commissions and sanctioning.

Although that's probably cheating cos it's not purely an mma book. Phone Post 3.0

Gary Goodridge autobiography Phone Post 3.0

I don't know if it's the "best" but my favourite is Tapped Out by Matthew Polly. If you're unfamiliar with it, the book is about a guy with very little MMA training (or athletic ability apparently)chronicling his training for the sole purpose of having 1 pro fight. It's actually a really fun read.

Honourable Mention:

Blood in the Cage - Pat Miletich W. L.Jon Wertheim
Let's Get It On - John McCarthy
The Fighter's Mind - Sam Sheridan
The Way of the Fight - GSP

Mine were:

The fighters mind and The fighters heart
By Sam Sheridan

And Little Evil the Jens Pulver autobiography! Phone Post 3.0

Autobiography or instructional?

Little Evil by Jen Pulver

Mixed Martial Arts: the book of knowledge by BJ Penn Phone Post 3.0

Got Fight? - Forrest Griffin

I'll second "A Fighters Heart" by Sam Sheridan, a must read

More than one (John Mccarthy's, Randy Couture's, Chuck's, Griffin's, etc.), but the most fun MMA book I've read is Inside the Lion's Den. Superb.

A lot of books here I will now need to invest in. Phone Post 3.0

Same. Ive read chucks book and ive skimmed through a fighters heart at borders and i thought it was pretty good. I think im gonna have to pick up inside the lions den. Phone Post

Sam Sheridan's books I couldn't speak more highly of, they are awesome.

Reading Faber's book at the moment which is worth it as its pretty decent too. Phone Post 3.0

The phonebook.

You can kick it, punch it, and it holds up for a full training camp.

The secret man: An American warriors uncensored story.

Truly uplifting. Changed my life forever Phone Post

Anybody read matt hughes' book? Is it any good? To me anyway he just comes off as a little too smug. Kinda wanted to read it but not if its a whole book of gloating and self praise Phone Post

teamquestnorth - Anybody read matt hughes' book? Is it any good? To me anyway he just comes off as a little too smug. Kinda wanted to read it but not if its a whole book of gloating and self praise Phone Post

There was a book review done by sean McCorkle. One of the best threads on this forum Phone Post

zebers3 -

Got Fight? - Forrest Griffin

Came to say thus Phone Post 3.0

I hated "blood in the cage" and found it to be poorly written.

I think the best MMA books I have seen are Greg Jackson's books (technique books)

if you mean historical books or books that tell a story, I'd say the very best I have read is NHB Evolution. Outstanding historical chronicle of the beginning of the sport.

Check out Raw Combat by Jim Genia, awesome book about the underground MMA scene in NY, follows a few fighters you may heard of.

As Joe Rogan would say "outstanding!" Phone Post

Anyone gotta link to mcorkles thread about the hughes book? Phone Post