What's the best security software for a PC?

OG, help a brother out!

I ditched McAfee, and now need an alternative. I run windows 7. What's the best security (anti-malware/spyware, etc) software out there? either paid or free, but the latter would be preferable.

Many thanks!

Bitdefender. Phone Post

NOD32

Or maybe this

The only way you can be sure you're safe....

Malwarebytes and SpyBot S&D

6ULDV8 -

Or maybe this

Actually if you want to erase a drive all you have to do is download drarik boot and nuke. It takes a few hours. No need to destroy the disk. Phone Post

Make sure you are logged on as a non-admin account. After that it's mostly personal preference

Frog-Jitsu - NOD32
This Phone Post 3.0

Nod32 Phone Post

I got superanti spyware and avira. there free and get the job done. Take it from a part time computer tech Phone Post

This is all helpful gents. Appreciate it.

Zekolas - 
6ULDV8 -

Or maybe this

Actually if you want to erase a drive all you have to do is download drarik boot and nuke. It takes a few hours. No need to destroy the disk. Phone Post

Do you honestly believe that?  You run drarik boot and nuke and you're A OK?

If so, then gobless you friend.  Glad you're feeling all snug and secure...

6ULDV8 -
Zekolas - 
6ULDV8 -

Or maybe this

Do you honestly believe that?  You run drarik boot and nuke and you're A OK?

If so, then gobless you friend.  Glad you're feeling all snug and secure...

Do you know how hard drives work ? Nuke will turn everything to a 1 then 0 then back to 1. It does 3 passes. Even at one pass there is no possibility way to restore the data. Years ago someone said using a electron microscope the could tell if a bit was recently changed. However this was all theoretical. When they actually tried to do it they failed and it took them an huge amout of time just to try to analize a few megs. What they failed to recover anything. Phone Post