What's The Explanation Behind Squats/Deadlifts?

More testosterone equals more muscle: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2917954

More muscle equals more testosterone: http://m.jap.physiology.org/content/65/6/2406.abstract Phone Post 3.0

What kind of belts should I be looking at getting? Phone Post 3.0

Im just going to so squats and deadlifts only Phone Post 3.0

they engage your entire body which teaches ur body to move as an effective unit which equals functional strength. not only that, they work the most muscle groups. not only that they trigger the release of anabolic hormones which has a cascading effect on all ur other exercises as well as ur physique.

squats are the best exercise for ur legs

deadlifts are the best exercise for your back (as well as legs + forearms)

why waste time doing exercises that arent as effective?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/teen/sean2.htm

Good exercises of course, but there are plenty of people who have gotten huge without them. They're also higher risk than other alternatives.
Some people think you have to do them which is bullshit depending on your goals. Phone Post 3.0

T Bag - Good exercises of course, but there are plenty of people who have gotten huge without them. They're also higher risk than other alternatives.
Some people think you have to do them which is bullshit depending on your goals. Phone Post 3.0

Take this with a grain of salt as this is someone who doesnt squat or deadlift I reckon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWUcHKAj_tc

Boxerdog - So to those in the know, my question is will i lose weight faster doing squats and/or deadlifts? Phone Post 3.0

If you burn more calories than you consume you will lose weight.

The explanation is that they both suck horribly therefore they must be good for you.

Remington519 -
T Bag - Good exercises of course, but there are plenty of people who have gotten huge without them. They're also higher risk than other alternatives.

Take this with a grain of salt as this is someone who doesnt squat or deadlift I reckon.
This is the kind of group think im talking about.
I don't deadlift anymore, although I deadlifted plenty during my first 20 years of working out. I still squat. Neither has any relevance to my point though. Phone Post 3.0

Remington519 - they engage your entire body which teaches ur body to move as an effective unit which equals functional strength. not only that, they work the most muscle groups. not only that they trigger the release of anabolic hormones which has a cascading effect on all ur other exercises as well as ur physique.

lololo...the classic bioscience from a guy who has likely been lifting for a couple years.

"Releases hormones" and increases "functional strength".
Zero evidence to support either of these myths yet newbies cling to them so they can continue to squat / dead and hold on to a fictional man card Phone Post 3.0

T Bag - 
Remington519 -

This is the kind of group think im talking about.
I don't deadlift anymore, although I deadlifted plenty during my first 20 years of working out. I still squat. Neither has any relevance to my point though. Phone Post 3.0

see what I mean? "i dont deadlift anymore so you dont have to do them"

i rest my case.

T Bag - 
Remington519 - they engage your entire body which teaches ur body to move as an effective unit which equals functional strength. not only that, they work the most muscle groups. not only that they trigger the release of anabolic hormones which has a cascading effect on all ur other exercises as well as ur physique.

lololo...the classic bioscience from a guy who has likely been lifting for a couple years.

Zero evidence to support either of these myths yet newbies cling to them so they can continue to squat / dead and hold on to a fictional man card Phone Post 3.0

how could deadlift not increase functional strength? u are using your entire body to pick up dead weight off the ground.

also tbag. whats your back look like bro? chicks stare at my back like men stare at chicks asses. makes me feel like a piece of meat tbh. no, not really lolz. a wide back gets chicks in the sack and nothing builds a wide, thick back like deadlifts.

""Releases hormones" and increases "functional strength".
Zero evidence to support either of these myths yet newbies cling to them so they can continue to squat / dead and hold on to a fictional man card"

To be fair, resistance exercises utilizing large muscle groups like the squat and deadlift do result in transient increases in testosterone and growth hormone although, to my knowledge, the increases don't correlate to increases in LBM or strength. Phone Post 3.0

RTWu - ""Releases hormones" and increases "functional strength".
Zero evidence to support either of these myths yet newbies cling to them so they can continue to squat / dead and hold on to a fictional man card"

To be fair, resistance exercises utilizing large muscle groups like the squat and deadlift do result in transient increases in testosterone and growth hormone although, to my knowledge, the increases don't correlate to increases in LBM or strength. Phone Post 3.0
Any strenuous resistance training will cause short term increases in those hormonal levels. So will fasting and sleeping - but I wouldn't recommend maximizing fasting / sleeping if body composition is your goal. Phone Post 3.0

Remington519 -
T Bag - 

how could deadlift not increase functional strength? u are using your entire body to pick up dead weight off the ground.
Because "functional" is a useless and irrelevant term.
The only thing that makes training functional is if it gets you closer to your goals. If you want to have huge biceps than curls are more functional than squats. If you want to have a big deadlift than deadlifting is the most functional exercise for you. Phone Post 3.0

The reasoning behind the squat and the deadlift is the majority of the body's muscle is located on the backside. Think posterior chain. These two lifts activate a large number of positive responses in the body and are useful movements in the real world.

Study the works of Dan John and Gray Cook.

. Phone Post 3.0