What's the hardest punch?

What's your vote? I think the lunge or mabye vertical fist...

Luvmachine has KO'd the correct.

Key's to a quality punch...

Good stance

Hip rotation

Breath control

On target

Twisting of the wrist before impact

A tight well clenched fist

gotta be the uppercut

twisker punch, IMO

or DP, of course

"or DP, of course" let's please keep this thread serious...

for me, right shovelhook. don't know why, something about it being at or below chest level, I get huge force behind it. no doubt about it, any other strike I'm a pillow puncher, but could beat a hole clean thru somebody with a shovel hook.
distant second (for me) right uppercut

I think for most people it would be a looping right.

A keypoint of the Karate punch is the focusing of the energy onto a very small surface area, in this case the front two knuckles of the fist. Physics dictate that this will dramatically increase the force and impulse of the strike, causing more damage than if a larger area (such as a gloved boxing fist) had been used.

Good points by Ken-Flowned.

breath control, hip rotation and a twisting of the wrist have nothing to do with a decent punch. Neither does a good stance have as much to do with it. Punch like a boxer, not a TMA practitioner.

70% of punching power comes from technique, most of
that around good weight movement. Your bodyweight has to be used, either directly (moving forward on a jab), indirectly (rotating on a hook), or as a counterweight (a hook off the wrong foot). The other 30% is timing, with the same dynamics. A hook against a person rotating in the opposite direction is huge when compared to a straight right against a guy already moving back.

This is why boxing rules all else when learning to strike. Most mma schools, and many MT schools dont understand the sweet science enough :)

Bruce

Hardest punch is the one your opponent doesn't see!

Boxing doesn't hold the exclusive patent on hard punching.

LMAO @ Bruce... that has to be the worst post I've ever read... Are you stating the boxers do not rotate hips or exhale when punching...?

"Hardest punch is the one your opponent doesn't see! " I would submit that the most effective punch is one your opponent doesen't see...

ttt

hardest punch?!??

Dim Mak of course!

This is good punching technique

"This is why boxing rules all else when learning to strike. Most mma schools, and many MT schools dont understand the sweet science enough :)"

Why would a pure MT school have to understand the details of boxing?