What's the most a fighter has missed weight by?

Markham weighed in at 177 against Diaz and pace weighed 141 has there been worse than these 2? Phone Post

DanHendersonsAsymetricSmile - Irvin vs Khalidov, sandman was 15 pounds overweight

holy. wow.

We don't call units of weight "Caranos" for nothing, pal.

Nick Diaz was around 9 pounds over.

Didn't Nick Diaz miss by 11 pounds (6.5 Caranos) against Mushin Corbbrey?

Think Anthony Johnson had a 177, may have been 178, in one of his bouts.

MolsonMuscles - Didn't Nick Diaz miss by 11 pounds (6.5 Caranos) against Mushin Corbbrey?

I thought a Carano was over 3 pounds?

http://www.cagepotato.com/cagepotato-stats-mma-weigh-failure-leaderboard/

Karl Knothe

1 2 3 ACE - Think Anthony Johnson had a 177, may have been 178, in one of his bouts.

177.5 v Clementi
176 v Yoshida

Have to say I thought he'd missed weight more than twice, but those are the only occasions according to the ever-reliable Wikipedia.

Clementi was a catchweight, Johnson wasn't overweight for that fight.

crowbar -
MolsonMuscles - Didn't Nick Diaz miss by 11 pounds (6.5 Caranos) against Mushin Corbbrey?

I thought it was 4 personally Phone Post

ajjr0ller - 
crowbar -

I thought it was 4 personally

crowbar - 

I'm Canadian, so I automatically convert all units of measurement into metric. Caranos included.

Utah get me two - Clementi was a catchweight, Johnson wasn't overweight for that fight.

Ah really, just the one occasion for him then. Not bad going for such a ridiculously fucking massive welterweight.

My Friend was going for ammy Debut @155. his opponent Mike Loman came in 13 lbs overweight.

I knew a guy who was scheduled to fight an amateur fight at 185 and weighed in at 215. He still lost rather easily. Phone Post

Didn't Thiago cone in really heavy once? Phone Post

Utah get me two - Clementi was a catchweight, Johnson wasn't overweight for that fight.

Wasn't it only a catch weight because he missed weight? They won't call it welterweight if they didn't make the weight. Phone Post

jake o'brien was 212 for his dream lhw fight against mousassi

kumma - 
Utah get me two - Clementi was a catchweight, Johnson wasn't overweight for that fight.
Wasn't it only a catch weight because he missed weight? They won't call it welterweight if they didn't make the weight.

No, the fight went down on short notice. Clementi had been fighting at 155, and they signed the fight only 10 days out, due to many fights being scrapped due to fighter injuries. So, given the short notice, they set the weight at 177 with the initial contract. Neither fighter had a proper training camp. Both fighters were doing the UFC a solid by taking the fight.