What's the most overhyped famous city food/eatery?

I've never been to Philly but nothing about those cheesesteaks impresses me from looking at them. Fuck yo cheez wiz shit meat sandwich

NYC bagels look really hard to mimic and look really good

What are some landmark places you tried that you totally didn't understand hype after? Picture waiting 4 hours for a Cronut and saying "I waited for that?" Phone Post 3.0

Boston.

Crab cakes.

Fucking disgusting. Phone Post 3.0

In-N-Out Burger

Type R - In-N-Out Burger
You shut your face.

I'd have to say voodoo donuts. Phone Post 3.0

Type R - In-N-Out Burger

i hate how everyone not from california asks if i had in n out when they learn i visited

dont get me wrong, it's not bad..but it's basically a homemade version of mcdonalds at very cheap prices....i think that is the appeal

but lol @ people saying in n out is "the best burger ever"....i dont care if bourdain said it either..he was probably drunk and high

Roscoe's chicken and waffles.  It's just fucken fried chicken and a piece of waffle.  Mother fuckers acted like they re-invented the wheel.

I know when people come to Chicago, I hear people tell them "You have to go to Portillo's for beef".

I think Portillo's is over-rated with their beef and hot dogs.

As far as beef goes, they aren't even on my top 5.

Chic fil a

PatK - I know when people come to Chicago, I hear people tell them "You have to go to Portillo's for beef".

Give a top 5.

The wife and I find ourselves in Chicago quite often. Phone Post 3.0

We have a bakery that people goes nuts for on bagels. Yelp reviews full of NYC people saying it's even better than their bagels. They are amazing but they're sourdough. Never seen anybody around here really even attempt NYC Boiled style which I'd like to try

Phone Post 3.0

One more person says something about In-N-Out and I will burn this place to the ground.

nimitivd - Chic fil a
I dunno man.

I had it for the first time in May and I can't wait to get one around here. Phone Post 3.0

Grimaldis for pizza. Phone Post 3.0

"awwwwww duuuuuude.......you gotta order animal style fries and a bunch of other things from the secret menu"

- In N Out apologists

Z NEDCMK1 - 

Funny thing is the best bagel and pizza I have ever had weren't in NYC.

Cheesesteaks and In and Out take the cake for most overhyped garbage.

I thought poutine, chicago dogs, and chicago italian beef would be the same, but all three were fucking awesome.

You're right, pizza is best in CT, not NYC.

:)

New York pizza did nothing for me.

TFK Cletus Redpecker III - 
nimitivd - Chic fil a
I dunno man.

I had it for the first time in May and I can't wait to get one around here. Phone Post 3.0

Its not terrible, but its also not food from the gods like people make it out to be.

The Varsity in Atlanta. Phone Post 3.0

I'd have to say Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland. Yeah they're good but not line wrapped around the building good. Phone Post 3.0

TFK Cletus Redpecker III - 
PatK - I know when people come to Chicago, I hear people tell them "You have to go to Portillo's for beef".

Give a top 5.

The wife and I find ourselves in Chicago quite often. Phone Post 3.0

In no particular order

1) Al's

2) Jay's

3) Johnnie's

4) Buona

5) Mr Beef (the one on Orleans)