What's the Origin of Your Name?

i love the idea of a pregnant mom, sitting in her car, munchin' MickeyD fries, thinking about her child-to-be, and then shouting "i'll name him Ronald, dammit!"

"and if he has a sister later, we will name her Grimmace!"

this image is only comically-improved if she's muchin' fries AND smoking.

That would also explain your brother...the Hamburgler. 

Don't know how they came up with my name, but they were thinking of naming me Lyle...so I'm not compaining.

i know ausk's name origin...he told me about a decade ago.  and it stuck in my mind because my brothers and i owned and re-built one of his namesakes when we were in high school:

I know what you mean pat about my name. kinda sucked. I do have sisters but their name wasn't anything close to mcdonald characters' name. Christine and stacey so yea. they're the lucky ones.

I was almost named after a winnie the poo character.

No not eor or piglet but Christopher Robim lol Apparently post traumatic gay child naming syndrome or something.

Instead i got Eric after my viking ancestors.

James - father's first name
Joseph - grandfather's first name
Meinhardt - German: from the Germanic personal name Meinhard(t), composed of the elements magin 'might', 'strength' + hard 'hardy', 'brave', 'strong'.

Huh. Never really knew what the last name meant. I think the old man tried telling me at some point, but I wasn't really paying attention.

jjd was wrong...It's not named "Corky"...

It is Ykroc...Yup, I got a russian peter...He was just reading his name tag backwards.

Mine was easy. Mom went to church a lot....hence Christian....my dads name is the rest. My last name is suppose to be Osaki though. Grandfather changed it during the war to his mothers maiden name. Imagine our family reunions..."Osaki family reunion" all Potogees runnin around.....true story.

wassup mr. osaki!

adrenkonceptz - 

I know what you mean pat about my name. kinda sucked. I do have sisters but their name wasn't anything close to mcdonald characters' name. Christine and stacey so yea. they're the lucky ones.

Beg to differ...Don't think you would've liked being called Christine either :)

Hello there Mr. Kurano!!! See .....I got some Samurai blood in there somehwere!

SubDudewitaTude - 
adrenkonceptz - 

Beg to differ...Don't think you would've liked being called Christine either :)

Yea that would suck.. haha..

I have to remember more of the topics we talked about.  Funny stuff.