What's this game called?

It was always called smear the queer where I grew up, but apparently it has other names? Was banned from my school after one kid got hit HARD, like an NFL highlight clip and started having a seizure on the field.

I blame the principal for this overreaction which I believe led to the rise of the travesty that was pogs in our school.

7 Likes

Smear the queer, Georgia and Florida

1 Like

Smear the queer is what I’ve always heard it called

4 Likes

Always “kill the kid” (short for kill the kid with the ball). Heard smear the queer, but never in my area.

We pretty much heard and said it all when very young and sheltered. Pretty sure there were about 50 racial versions to be honest.

2 Likes

Northern NY. Smear the queer.

2 Likes

Smear OP

5 Likes

umm, we simply called it- get the guy with the ball…

1 Like

That was called “Pick-up and Slaughter” when I was a kid in New Jersey

1 Like

tenor-5

1 Like

“Kill the man with the ball,” but occasionally heard it called smear the queer.

3 Likes

smear the queer, ive also heard kill the carrier though

1 Like

Kill the man with the ball.

3 Likes

SoCal- smear the queer. At least 30 years ago.

4 Likes

Utah I heard it as smear the queer. The Mormons are never wrong. Also, heard a lot of people called fag.

2 Likes

Smear the queer but it had nothing to do with being gay.

Midwest

2 Likes

Smear the queer, Guam (at least on base housing that is what it was called). Kill the Hoale when off base….

2 Likes

:joy: Quite familiar with the second, never in regards to a game though.

1 Like

Smear the queer up in Michigan as well. I still remember the day I came home from school and told my parents that I played “Smear the queer” at recess. They started cracking up knowing I had no idea what I was saying. It was the 80’s, there was nothing wrong with using terminology like that.

1 Like

Same here, have heard kill the carrier a few times too

1 Like

Smear the faggot

1 Like