Whats this talk of UFC 145 class

25 pounds of water weight? Are we talking about camels or someshit?

I have the BADDEST 145er signed. Miguel Torres, 29-1 fighting Jan 20th GFC

most of you are compairing apples to oranges. its different for a guy who is 220 to fight a guy a 265. then it is for a guy 135 or 145 to fight a guy 175 or 185. I have weighed 135lbs since the 9th grade. Im almost 30 years old. I cant gain weight. I eat constantly all day long. oh and all those guys you talking about in this thread all make the same weight. It doesnt matter what you cut from as long as you make weight.

Relsonbrownbelt,
I'll fight Miguel TOrres at 145 if you need a match for another show.

Roli Delgado

"....because none of the 45ers start at 165?"

Some do and some don't. Nori "Kid" Yamamoto for example does not cut any weight at all.

155 fighters like Gabe Reudiger cut from about 180, as do Clementi and Brennan.

Yea, at 157-158 and no athletic ability I really don't want to fight the big 155lbers. If it was like the old days where I could get a one dimensional fighter then that would be different.

rolijuju,

Props on your MMA and Jiu-Jitsu accomplishments. I just watched your HL vid on youtube. Nice vid.
You're 6'3 at a 145lbs, right? You're taller than some of the UFC Heavyweights. Why would it be a problem for you to come up to 155lbs and get PAID more just to fight at 155? You already have the height advantage. You have to have at least a 6 to 8 inch height advantage over your opponenets. If you went up to 155lbs you would be taller than anybody at that weight. I don't know anybody who is 6'3" at 155lbs. Just curious :)

I mean...the average 145lb MMA fighter is about 5'7 (give or take an inch or two). It would be like a guy 5'7 145lbs fighting a guy who was 4'll at a 145lbs.

Gaining weight for me is very tough. I have a crazy metabolism. It would be a full time job to take in the 5000 calories a day plus weight lifting routine to get up to 165-170. All of that so that I can make an additional 1000 bucks to fight? If I fight 3-4 times a year it still will not cover the suppliments and effort it would take to put on that weight. Of course if I had the sponsors and time then I could consider it. People don't understand exactly how skinny I am, lol. Right now, I am just an anomoly at 145, but that is me at pretty much my natural weight. I have fought Jason Ireland and Jorge Masvidal who both have had success at 170. It's two different body frames. This year I will be training full time and fighting more so we'll see where I go. Thanks for the compliments!

Roli Delgado

Roli,

Man...I wish I had a high metabolism like you. I walk around at 163, and I'm trying to get down to 155lbs. I'm 5'7 BTW. I can eat bad for two days, and I'll gain at least 2 or 3 pounds over the weekend. I'm not kidding. I'm hoping to make my MMA debut this year.

Congrats on your blackbelt BTW, and good luck in your MMA career.

Geronimo

Thanks. Look out for 2007 because like I said, I will actually be training full time and seeing what happens.

Roli

Coolness. Have you turned pro yet?

I'm 5-3-1 as a pro. 3 losses are Joe Jordan, Jorge Masvidal and Jason Ireland. All 155-170lbers.

I wish I had the "can't gain weight" problem. When you love food and being lazy as much as I do, keeping weight off is a much tougher problem.

No disrepect intended to any of those that fight at 145, but as a paying customer, I would have very little interest in watching that division. Not that interested in seeing a couple of guys in there who are about the size of eighth graders. Move up to 155.

It is all about the mighty dollar. If Zuffa thinks that there is interest in a 145 class, they then will probably establish it.

This thread is either full of trolls or dumb fucks. By this logic we would not have any fights under 155. Look at all the good boxers that would have been missed by not having any weight classes under 155.

And the dumb fuck statement regarding changing the sport or molding it or whatever. How dumb is this, the sport has only been around here in the US for about a decade. Like people are wanting to ruin this long rich tradition of MMA.

And if you really think a 145lbs fighter and a 155 lbs are no differnt then you truely are so uninofmred and ignorant that you shouldnt be using electrical devices like computers.

Kid Yamamoto can, ...well fuck you. Hes an olympic level wrestler and a k1 level striker for pete's sake ....

The only thing i agree on on thsi thread is that everyone bitching should jsut fight for OMA's World Title and that Roli is skinny as fuck

Most of the top 143 guys all moved up a weight class for bigger paydays/fights in pride, k1, and the ufc. Melendez, Pequeno, Takaya, Kid, and Pulver all fought at 143. Melendez is really the exception here though. He only took fights in shooto at 143 because that's what shooto offered him. He's big enough to be a top fighter in the lightweight class. But the rest of those guys are better at 143.

Pequeno, Takaya, and Pulver are just not the same fighters at 155 as they were at 143. The jump from 143 to 154 is a huge one.

I can't believe some of you don't realize how much a difference 10 pounds makes to a 145 pounder vs. a 190 pounder. Expecting everyone at 140-50 pounds to accept the same weight disadvantage that Frank did vs. Tito at 200 pounds is illogical. Not saying plenty of 145 pounders can't move up and do well, but the comparison isn't an even one.

dray has loop chocked the correct

145ers should just weight lift and become 155ers

"Not that interested in seeing a couple of guys in there who are about the size of eighth graders. Move up to 155."

You are an idiot. Oscar de la Hoya is the biggest star in boxing today and guess how much he weighs?

I had my first pro fight debut recently and weighed in at 151. I am naturally 145 but was offered to fight at 155 and accepted it. My opponent cut from 182, while I moved up from 145. By the time we were fighting, he was back to around his natural weight, while I was still 151. I ended up winning in the first round by a toehold, but not after being slammed twice by a guy twice my strength and size.