WHATS UP DOC?

Im all ears brother!!

Stay Safe All, God Bless, and when it comes time may you flip the switch and kick some ass...

Tom,

This is a great question. The answer I believe is that I can only be as good as I am right now.(Taken from the PDR manuel.) This being the case, should a conflict escalate past the point of avoidance and verbal defuse then it's on until it's over.

However, we have to remeber the first Commandment of Street Survival: THOU SHALT NOT NOT TRAIN

We should all be in the habit of seeking our weaknesses in order to increase our capacity. I remember Tony stating on his audio Q and A, that the greater your physical arsenal, the more creative and therefore stronger your psychological and emotional arsenals will be. Indeed it is a trilogy.

If we really embrace the TCMS Overkill Training Mentality we know that we need to do more than is necessary and challenge our limits.

So the answer to your question is that while I am ready, I am no where near where I want to be. The training and journey continue.

One quick last point, I know from past experience that Adrenaline and emotional panic can really tax your Aerobic and Anerobic systems. If your training doesn't take you to that point, you are doing yourself a great disservice.

Great food for thought Tom.

Thank You.

Mike

Tom,
Been thinking about this lately as today I was doing some drills with one of the football players. We do SPEAR warm up drills, and then do thai kicks on a bag, knees, elbows, jab/cross on mits....we got into it and were exhausted...its a different kind of conditioning....

Ive done the conditioning with the football team all summer for a few reasons, one being its motivating and I love it, also it makes me train a hell of a lot harder than I would on a consistent basis on my own because running with diesel college athletes in their prime keeps my motor running, and its better then me not doing coniditioning work at all!! In a few years I may not be able to keep up with them so Im doing it while I can....the summer consisited of interval sprints of varying distances, pro agility drills, med ball tosses, 15-25 kilo plate overhead tosses, monster truck tire flips with plyos and football specific drills mixed in, and other odds and ends running with kettleballs etc....

My shoulder girdle is starting to feel a little better since dislocating it doing bjj a few months ago, so im doing light push presses to see how it feels, chins, rows, one arm rows, bench and DB bench, cleans, high pulls, deadlifts, weighted box jumps, rebound jumps, glute/ham raises and other olympic lift variations...

Now that I only have one week left with the team, and my arm and IT band are feeling somewhat better and I have a good conditioning base, I need to get to work on specific combat conditioning...I dont know my schedule yet as I should be getting assigned to a squad soon, but Id like to get up there and have u put me through my paces...Im not going to go back to sport bjj, as I cant risk the shoulder coming out again, and i end up doing all these drills and moves Id never use on the street and I dont have time to be practicing both street and sport...I was going to try to find a boxing gym so i could get some contact trianing in if possible, and continue doing SPEAR drills and some striking with partners when i can find them...

Well, gotta get some rest...tuesday im going to train with the Mass State Troopers and go thru their shoot house :~) Been shooting steel at least once a week on my own with my Glocks, and itching to do some carbine or sniper training if I can find a range or some willing LEOs...

Wish I could have been to the PDR and heard your S&C speech...

OK SO FAR!!!!

BUT WE ARE AVOIDING THE PHYSICAL IN PURSUIT OF THE MENTAL AND SPIRITUAL/EMOTIONAL!!

IT'S A TRILOGY!!

WHEN YOU HAVE TO GO!..... CAN YOU!!!

CAN YOU ROCK TO YOUR FULL POTENTIAL IN THE PHYSICAL STATE THAT YOU ARE IN NOW AND IF SO WHY??????

PEACE, TOM

Hey Tom,

I thought I was in shape until I had an experience that illuminated some more of what I have been learning.

Last week I was at a monster truck show with my son and I bumped into this 6'8" guy coming out of the bathroom. He had on a big black cowboy hat and black leather cowboy boots and a NASCAR t-shirt and he was pretty thick. He said sorry and we went about our business. For the rest of the night I kept thinking "God that guy was huge, if he and I got into it, I don't know if I could..." This is a classic example of Tony's stuff about self-limitation and mind-set and directive and how all that has to go hand-in-hand with being in good physical "shape". The "Power of One" isn't (just) about being strong physically, but also mentally and spiritually.

So, on the ride home I remembered Tony saying "Do the drill" and I finally visualized myself doing the "Close Quarter Form" sucessfully on this big dude. Then I visualized a confrontation (which I didn't do earlier, I just imagined the physical) and my son being with me and it ending peacefully with words and walking away.

What people need to realize is that NOW is the time. If you don't think you can do "IT" right now, then you are already defeated by yourself. This is straight from Tony's Performance Enhancement Psychology.

I am in the perfect shape to do whatever is necessary to protect myself and my family and the other things on my 3-P's list. It is about protection and not "winning".

Looking forward to my next enlightenment.

Thanks Tom.

Mike Galu

HOW MANY PEOPLE HERE FEEL THEY ARE IN FIGHTING SHAPE AND WHY???

I DON'T MEAN SPORT!!!! I'M TALKING LOCKED, COCKED AND READY TO ROCK STREET DEFENSE!!!

PEACE, TOM

P.S. I KNOW THIS IS THE MENTAL EDGE BUT AT SOME POINT YOU MAY HAVE TO THROW SOME LEATHER!!!