What's up with Nate's striking?

It doesn't seem like his striking has evolved much. Same style and no kicks.

The Diaz brothers use kicks. I was wondering the same thing tonight as it looked like Diaz was off on his feet. I honestly thought that Diaz was going to take this fight, but Stevenson changed camps and he picks up things fast. 6 weeks with Greg Jackson has totally changed his game. I would say that Stevenson is quickly going to make himself a contender again.

Kicking against a guy with a strong top game and good takedowns wasn't in the game plan.

his boxing looked off, he didn't throw any real combos and didn't control the distance very well. I think with his reach he could use his boxing a lot better if tightened up his hands and foot work.

Nate Diaz ain't no bitch.  But his wrestling is pretty weak.

Gracie BJJ - Stevenson just layed and prayed

WTF?  Stevenson was aggressive.

Druskee27 - I dont think nate has weak wresling its just Joe has that short stocky frame compared to Nates skiny swimmers build. His base is BJJ so he doesnt mind being on his back. Guys like Nate, Cole Miller, Mayhem, Nick seem to have trouble with the more stronger, stocky type fighter. Fighters with swimmers build have the long limbs for submission,Nate couldnt slap one on.

Yeah, you're probably right.  But after losing to Guida and Stevenson, he needs to rethink something.  Because his loses are scarily identical to those in which Nick got run from the UFC.

LOL. That is almost as funny as Diaz calling Joe a Bitch as he takes a knee to avoid Joe's relentless knees to the head... Diaz didn't Win a round despite the score.

He's gotten worse. He blasted Assuncao or one of his early UFC opponents with really fast, crisp combination that dropped him. Tooled Hermes standing. Now he seems really slow and noodly.

Stop saying "swimmer's build". It sounds like a personals ad

vangor - It's overrated just like his brother.

lol

FredruM - 

LOL. That is almost as funny as Diaz calling Joe a Bitch as he takes a knee to avoid Joe's relentless knees to the head... Diaz didn't Win a round despite the score.

I caught that as well, WTF?