What's with Hendo's cardio?

It seemed like him and Nelson have the same cardio program. He really seemed to have a difficult time getting his breath in the fight. There were pockets of action in the fight, but it wasn't action packed. Hendo seemed gassed in the third and even after the fight he was still breathing hard. I don't think it was a matter of him not doing enough in the fight.....I don't think he was able to because of his cardio. Maybe his age is finally catching up with him. I was pulling for him in the fight, but I think his cardio cost him the fight.

I think being 42 might have something to do with it Phone Post 3.0

It's not a swimming meet. It's a fight and he's in his early forties.

Dan has been walking up hill after round ones for some time now.

As far as cardio goes, his age caught up to him a long time ago.

Kudos to him for still hanging at the top level and still headlining PPV's, although this will probably be his last headling gig.

GSPushedInMyStinkEye - 

Kudos to him for still hanging at the top level and still headlining PPV's, although this will probably be his last headling gig.

agree

I like both Hendo and Rashad, but I don't think they are headliners. Hendo used to be. Rashad does way too much feinting, stalking, moving, etc. for my taste. He's got the skills, but he just won't let loose. He'll show glimpses here and there. I feel the same way watching him fight as I did Pedro Rizzo back in the day. They just won't let go.

And he's throwing a ton of full blast shots and missing. Phone Post 3.0

JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick - And he's throwing a ton of full blast shots and missing. Phone Post 3.0

This, I think this has a lot to do with his "gassing".

Has little to do with age IMO. It's because he is always relying on the H-bomb. He throws every ounce of power he can muster into those shots. That takes energy and it wears you out, all the more so when you miss. And he was missing all night. Go hit the heavy bag for 10 minutes putting full power into every shot and see how you feel afterward. Then imagine grappling on top of that, plus the adrenaline dump of fighting in front of millions of people.

bemsqua - It seemed like him and Nelson have the same cardio program. He really seemed to have a difficult time getting his breath in the fight. There were pockets of action in the fight, but it wasn't action packed. Hendo seemed gassed in the third and even after the fight he was still breathing hard. I don't think it was a matter of him not doing enough in the fight.....I don't think he was able to because of his cardio. Maybe his age is finally catching up with him. I was pulling for him in the fight, but I think his cardio cost him the fight.

Do you even train BRO?

EEKS - Bernard Hopkins is 48.

Things like this make me laugh.

Anyone who pays attention to any sport at all knows that the vast majority of pro athletes fade in their mid to late 30's, and that's if their lucky and avoid serious injuries early in their career. And these are the best athletes in the planet, people who are far above the average of the human race.

But people pick the literal handful of greats who compete past 40 at the top of their sport and act like that's the norm across the boad.

Lol @ this thread Phone Post 3.0

If I knew who my dad was... They would be the same age. Phone Post 3.0

I honestly thought that Winnipeg might be at a high elevation because cardio was an issue tonight, so I looked it up and it's sitting just under a 1000', Vegas is up higher. Phone Post

AlbertEinstein - 
bemsqua - It seemed like him and Nelson have the same cardio program. He really seemed to have a difficult time getting his breath in the fight. There were pockets of action in the fight, but it wasn't action packed. Hendo seemed gassed in the third and even after the fight he was still breathing hard. I don't think it was a matter of him not doing enough in the fight.....I don't think he was able to because of his cardio. Maybe his age is finally catching up with him. I was pulling for him in the fight, but I think his cardio cost him the fight.

Do you even train BRO?

Can you read Einstein? My post had nothing to do with me training.

Did he mention something about having athasma in his post fight interview after shogun. Phone Post 3.0

I was disappointed last night, same as the Machida fight no plan b just look for the h bomb over and over again,

Top 5 all time time IMO but time to hang them up don't want to see mid level guys start making their name of him, Father Time gets everyone eventually. Phone Post 3.0

Clinching is exhausting!

bemsqua - 
GSPushedInMyStinkEye - 

agree

I like both Hendo and Rashad, but I don't think they are headliners. Hendo used to be. Rashad does way too much feinting, stalking, moving, etc. for my taste. He's got the skills, but he just won't let loose. He'll show glimpses here and there. I feel the same way watching him fight as I did Pedro Rizzo back in the day. They just won't let go.

When you get matched against the guys Rashad does with the fact that Rashad is fairly easy to rock, he shouldn't be expected to be a pocket fighter. He has to use his speed or else he'd have had to retire about 5 years ago just from getting KO'd constantly.

It's Hendo throwing heavy and missing Phone Post 3.0