What's with the Russian fascination???

I really don't get why Americans (or anyone living in a "rich" country for that matter) are so hot on Russia.
It's a country crippled with alcoholism (More than 30% of all deaths in Russia in 2012 were attributable to alcohol) crime is on the rise, immigration is also on the rise and the police are known to hand out beatings left and right.
They are also Christian Orthodox one of the most extreme forms of Christianity.
Gay bashing is a hobby and they have just decriminalised domestic violence.
But I guess they have little to none mexicans/blacks/jews/arabs and that's all that matters, amirite?

It's a head fake from the establishment.

Have you ever seen a Commie drink a glass of water?

Americans and Russians are the barbarians of the Euro-Christian world.

This is why they have a kind of love-hate relationship. They fear each other's barbarity, but also kind of admire it.

The commie left are angry with Russia because they left their communist ways

Democrats can't get over the fact that Trump won the election.

Their strategy seems to be one of blocking everything he does at all costs. Since they don't have majorities in the Senate or Congress, they have to do this shit-show where they try to de-legitimize everything he does. TO do that you need an enemy at the gates.

"The Russians"

"They are also Christian Orthodox one of the most extreme forms of Christianity."

I think you meant to say "most extremely great". 

GrindOnLine - I really don't get why Americans (or anyone living in a "rich" country for that matter) are so hot on Russia.
It's a country crippled with alcoholism (More than 30% of all deaths in Russia in 2012 were attributable to alcohol) crime is on the rise, immigration is also on the rise and the police are known to hand out beatings left and right.
They are also Christian Orthodox one of the most extreme forms of Christianity.
Gay bashing is a hobby and they have just decriminalised domestic violence.
But I guess they have little to none mexicans/blacks/jews/arabs and that's all that matters, amirite?

There's right wing literature going back to least the 70's about how the US should team up with Russia (once it's thrown off the yolk of communism) against the asiatic hordes.

SpartaKick -

Have you ever seen a Commie drink a glass of water?

Top quality post.

It's not so much a fascination from the right, but a desire to end the aim of perpetual conflict against Russia. Why do you motherfuckers on the left all of a sudden want to pull us into a world war? Because Trump won? 

MMA Promoter1 -

It's not so much a fascination from the right, but a desire to end the aim of perpetual conflict against Russia. Why do you motherfuckers on the left all of a sudden want to pull us into a world war? Because Trump won? 

Of course they want a world war because Trump won.  

Why?  Because they want to be right.  They told us he'd start WW3 and that Hillary was the answer.  They are doing their best to fulfill their own made up prophecy so they can say "I told you so."

Exactly Russia Russia Russia who fuking cares what they are doing.Work with them destroy fuking Isis and get your Democratic info to media leaking traitors out of your fbi cia and republican party.

I think it's because they have stayed the course on being tough guys and have never 'taken the high road.' Obviously, there were more passive-aggressive routes take (as opposed to aggressive-aggressive/tough-guy-shit), but they've never dick tucked. So, I think in light of recent political movements where American politics have copped out--take the "I identify as a female" stuff--Russica maintains the 'take no bullshit' attitude that some people cling to. It's not a lot different than action movie heroes. 

Bad Monkey -
MMA Promoter1 -

Of course they want a world war because Trump won.  

Why?  Because they want to be right.  They told us he'd start WW3 and that Hillary was the answer.  They are doing their best to fulfill their own made up prophecy so they can say "I told you so."

It's the same reason they think it's justified to violently riot over a gay jew while claiming he's a genocidal fascist.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

billyball2 - Democrats can't get over the fact that Trump won the election.

Their strategy seems to be one of blocking everything he does at all costs. Since they don't have majorities in the Senate or Congress, they have to do this shit-show where they try to de-legitimize everything he does. TO do that you need an enemy at the gates.

"The Russians"

Some truth to that, but it goes deeper since the Democrats were hawkish even when they thought Hillary was a sure thing.

KidPittsburgh -

I think it's because they have stayed the course on being tough guys and have never 'taken the high road.' Obviously, there were more passive-aggressive routes take (as opposed to aggressive-aggressive/tough-guy-shit), but they've never dick tucked. So, I think in light of recent political movements where American politics have copped out--take the "I identify as a female" stuff--Russica maintains the 'take no bullshit' attitude that some people cling to. It's not a lot different than action movie heroes. 

The only real answer...

billyball2 - Democrats can't get over the fact that Trump won the election.

"The Russians"

boom

Actually it's the other way around.  There is evidence of Russia interfering with the election and now we have questionable behavior of our top security folks (and lying about it) and you guys want to say it's because Hillary lost??

Lets have an investigation and and if there is nothing going on, then there is nothing going on. What are you afraid of?

you guys are like my ex that I busted cheating - "I can't believe you would snoop my phone/email!!!"

The establishment wants the cold war to continue. It was easy for them to rope in Liberal idiots and convince them Russia fixed the election for Trump. Libs are useful idiots.

I think part of it is Soros getting back at Russia for kicking him out of the Country and putting a bounty on his head.