What's with white people and peter pan syndrome?

Seems like both genders of white people are ever fixated on chasing highs and living in a constant state of “fun” without any committments to location or people. I recently met two 32-year old women that are each living as RV nomads with their pets. They’re supporting themselves and work remotely, but it just seems long-term to be sort of an empty way to live. I got several buddies (I’m 40) still in a perpetual state of traveling to EDM concerts around the world. Is growing up really that bad?

3 Likes

what’s empty about it? people are fulfilled in different ways.

9 Likes

How is that a Peter Pan syndrome? If they want to travel around, work remotely, and have the means I don’t see anything wrong with it. Not everyone wants a traditional family.

4 Likes

Life is a tough puzzle

2 Likes

I agree with OP, minus the whole race angle

1 Like

Who cares if they’re supporting themselves? I think our generation figured out that you don’t have to “grow up” if you’re handling your responsibilities.

2 Likes

I don’t know… but are you sure you’re on the right side of this conversation.

Is the mundane average life where every day is the same really the best way to live life? You’re going to look back at the last 20 years and see every day blends into the next and you can’t even distinctly pick out any days because they’re all the same, you have 1 memory the same day on repeat.

Is that really winning for you?

10 Likes

For some it is. It might not be your idea of living, but who the fuck cares?

Sounds like they’re living their way… Not hurting anyone. Well, maybe OP, but I doubt they give a what the OG thinks anyway.

1 Like

OP smells like OLD spice LOW-t

1 Like

Sounds like a sweet lifestyle

2 Likes

get off my lawn OP…

If they’re willing and able to pay for their lifestyles themselves, then more power to ‘em.

The ones I get a kick out of are the Patreon beggars. Actually, I kind of envy these fucks. The majority of them are just people with no interest in working that want strangers to pay for their exploits. “If you like what you see, please consider donating through Patreon” has basically become this generation’s “for the cost of a cup of coffee” campaign. Only instead of supposedly supporting starving African kids, it’s now supporting content creating influencer douchebags who are too lazy and/or smart to get actual jobs.

1 Like

It’s hurting the taxpayers who have to support them.

The crazy part is that it might cost $10-$30/day for them to survive, so if they only con a handful of people into giving them money, they’re gravy.

1 Like

Who says tax payers are supporting them? We’re pretty much talking about only people that support themselves.

If they’re supporting themselves and not leeching off the system then yeah, I don’t care what they do.

If they’re supporting themselves but that’s the way they want to live, I wouldn’t consider that Peter Pan syndrome.

I think it’s the prolonged adolescence, late 20’s early 30’s, people who don’t support themselves. They want to play video games, get high, masturbate while being supported by family or others.

Use your money how you want. Our lives are very short.

1 Like

/thread