What's your favorite body shot in a combo?

I’m a simple man and I like the simple things in striking. My fave combo is jab, cross to solar plexus and then left hook up high.

I also love the ole 1,2 switch kick to liver.

What you got?

3 Likes

Quick feint, then two in the pink, one in the stink

5 Likes

Jab, straight, lead hook to the body, then another up top.

3 Likes

The classic 1-2-3 to the liver.

2 Likes

No bullshit OP but that is my go to move. Jab to the head and I bend my knees and consistently land a cross to the body, but I don’t do the uppercut like you do. I land the jab/body cross consistently in sparring but I never end up being close enough to throw an uppercut.

I’d prefer to have a headshot as my goto move but I stick with what works which for me, are body shots.

My 2nd favorite combo is to do a jab to the head and right cross to the head like a 1-2 but as soon as the 2 lands I’m immediately stepping to my right and land a left hook to the opponents solar plexis.

My 3rd favorite is basically the same as my 2nd just in reverse. Cross to the head then jab to the head, step to my left and throw a right hook to the solar plex.

1 Like

Like that but double up the jab in the beginning to bring their guard up higher, squat low on the cross. Repeat twice, then same combo but an overhand right instead of the straight to body.

1 Like

Throw a 2,3 instead of the 2,1. That hook coils you up to spring into a more powerful body shot. Something you may want to try to tinker with.

2 Likes

@granderojo I like that but I always try to double up on my jab sparingly. That way on the rare occasion I do it, it throws off their timing more because it’s a rare look from me. I do like doubling up on the right hand though. I do that as often as possible.

1 Like

if you’ve thrown a few right hands, throw an accentuated (fake) right straight/hook that sails in front of their guard, they have to put up a guard.
… take that half-step forward, full pivot at the hips, turning to your left, then launch that deadly left hook to the body, 100%

my fren, you gonna be so happy!

I’ve got two.

If you’ve got a TKD background and can spin without even thinking about it, try a noncommittal jab followed immediately by the spinning back kick. Since very few TKD guys throw punches, most people haven’t really seen this and aren’t really expecting it. I think GSP has done something similar with the spinning side kick (subtle distinction between the kicks but a proper back kick that lands with the heel is a rib crusher).

The other is for liver hunting. Very simple. Step through on the Jab or cross and follow with a left kick off the front leg. It’s all very fluid and natural and the body tends to open up when you start with the head.

3 Likes

Ideally the first combo should be one fluid spin started by the jab. The second combo is very much a cadence attack, but it should be smooth… both of these combos should be SUPER SMOOTH and natural, sort of like the Dutch combo, cross, hook then leg kick.

From in tight the tap left hook to the head, blister them to the liver

Mickey ward style

2 Likes

I’ll try it next session and see if theres something there

hook to the liver LDO

Your mom pours fireball in her bellybutton for me but I always miss.

@HillboFrateTrane your bullshit dont work on me because I like you :joy:

Theres like a million dudes on here who hates you, so go tell them that shit lol

@BringBackHeadbutts I didnt mean for that to come off as bossy. Was just trying to be helpful.

One thing I always liked to do with my jab was to end a combo with it. Usually guys always start off with it. I like to throw it last as one final “fuck you” before I hop on my bike and circle out lol

1 Like

@jgiveshead I am a believer. I never really liked spinning much because I felt like it was a little risky for my style. But my coach is amazing at that shit. It’s funny that you use the term “rib crusher” because I have had a lump in my ribs for about 6 years from one of those kicks.

Coach would always crouch down like hes gonna go low with something and then explode upwards with one of those spin kicks. He got me with one in the front of my rib cage just below my pectoral. Worst pain I ever felt in fighting or in sparring lol

It depended on the opponent’s strengths and weaknesses and on mine as well. I’m weirdly ambidextrous so my L hook was better than my R Hand and my R kick was better than my L. So my Fake L Jab, Angle off, L Hook low to the body and following up with a R Kick is was the most comfortable Combo for me.