When an instructor is a rapist... (No, not Lloyd.)

I kinda pity these guys. Everyone deserves a second chance.

However, if anyone was ever convicted of such a thing, I don't think it would be a bad idea just simply not accept female students, without having to reveal your past.

Win-win. Don't take the chance of being accused, yet able to make a living.

Better yet, get married, train your wife, and someday, your wife takes the female class.

Either way, if you are ever convicted of such a thing, you should make sure you are above reproach.

See the RCJ all access and Tom Callos facebook pages, he is quoted there. I can not post a link from my phone, but they both appear to be public pages Phone Post 3.0

'Official Statement: My brothers and I are doing everything we can to get all websites, Facebook pages and other media outlets to reflect that Rigan Machado has cut ties with Paul and Zen Jiu-Jitsu. As you are all aware these things take time. Rest assure we are taking care of everything and would like to have everyone back off and give us time to get it all done.
As soon as I can get a copy of a C&D I will get it posted online for the world to see and to stop all of the hate!
We stated we have cut ties publicly as well as upped our BG check policies. Please respect our word that everything else is being updated and taken care of as quickly as we can!

Respectfully - Carlos Machado'

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=597812043592064&id=180707831969156

After reading some of the reactions I can't help but think that the growing awareness within the BJJ community of sexual harassment and its relationship to sexual assault is not some flash in the pan.

BJJ is one of the best MAs to prevent rape and I don't doubt that many women want to partcipate but do not primarly because of the comfort level. Speaking out against such harassment and assault, and showing support for those who take action like Georgette and the Machados will really help the sport grow the way it should.

krept - After reading some of the reactions I can't help but think that the growing awareness within the BJJ community of sexual harassment and its relationship to sexual assault is not some flash in the pan.

BJJ is one of the best MAs to prevent rape and I don't doubt that many women want to partcipate but do not primarly because of the comfort level. Speaking out against such harassment and assault, and showing support for those who take action like Georgette and the Machados will really help the sport grow the way it should.

Amen!

Perhaps the BJJ community will have grown stronger post LI. I'm really impressed with Georgette and the legions of level headed people holding LI's feet to the fire. This is, perhaps, a tipping point where assaulting women because we can isn't OK Phone Post 3.0

Why did Rigan Machado promote Paul Saucido, a known rapist, to BLACK belt after all this? Paul is still teaching jiu jitsu and still teaching women's self defense at his academy in Austin Texas!

http://georgetteoden.blogspot.com/2017/03/rigan-machado-knowingly-promoted-rapist.html

For clarity, do you know that Rigan promoted him or is the guy possibly just saying that Rigan promoted him....?

Either way, bad news.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Have you reached out to Rigan again for a comment about this? This guy and his school are not listed as Rigan affiliates, I am skeptical that Rigan actually promoted him to black- I would guess that the dude is just claiming that to give his promotion legitimacy. At least that is what I hope is happening. 

P.O.S 

Apparently Rigan Machado DID promote him to Black Belt according to one of Rigan's highest ranking Black Belts.

Looks like he is off of the Zen Fit site now.